Anybody bought hawke scopes recently

Neil23

12 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

You will be looking for the hawke fastmount  scopes .(usually a hawke vantage scope ) 

As far as i know these are the only ones bundled with mounts .

A bit like the nikko. Mount master range .

Its the vantage 4-12x50 rimfire version ive ordered

19 minutes ago, Neil23 said:

Its usually anything from 25-85 yards 

hello, ok  once you do the initial 50 yard zero as per instruction i would check 25/75/100, i did not find much leeway between 50 to 75 but the 50 to 100 did need adjustment in hold over, good luck Neil

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

26 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, my friend has one that we use together when i do my 455 and he does his 10/22, i think you need to do the 50 yard first zero accurate as possible, do you have one ?

No i dont have one i would think about having one if one came up cheap enough but i have always just guessed the range and hold over which has worked well over the years but would be it would be nice to use the scope to its full potential. On the other hand i couldnt rangefind each and every rabbit on a night out id be on forever when u trying to shoot big bags. I dont usually take shots at anything over about 75ish yds under a red light anyway.

16 minutes ago, Neil23 said:

No i dont have one i would think about having one if one came up cheap enough but i have always just guessed the range and hold over which has worked well over the years but would be it would be nice to use the scope to its full potential. On the other hand i couldnt rangefind each and every rabbit on a night out id be on forever when u trying to shoot big bags. I dont usually take shots at anything over about 75ish yds under a red light anyway.

hello, ok, this is another way i do with my FX pc if my friends busy, bought a 50 yard length of thin rope, , made 2 pegs and looped the ends careful not to loose any measurement, next i folded in 2 and with black pen marked 25 yard, so you do 25 yard 50 yard 75 yard and 100 yard by using rope measurements to do your zero, after roll rope on a tube or ? and use again, good luck 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

9 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, ok, this is another way i do with my FX pc if my friends busy, bought a 50 yard length of thin rope, , made 2 pegs and looped the ends careful not to loose any measurement, next i folded in 2 and with black pen marked 25 yard, so you do 25 yard 50 yard 75 yard and 100 yard by using rope measurements to do your zero, after roll rope on a tube or ? and use again, good luck 

Good idea 👍