Franchi 520 Hunter

Diver One

sadly a friend of mine has passed away very recently.

in addition to my own Browning S1 Sporter I have inherited , amongst other guns, his Franchi 520 Hunter. Being a farmer this has never been cleaned since it was made in '78. It is in very good condition apart from the dirt and sludge. I have , under the expert guidance of my mate, stripped and cleaned it and it works fine, apart from one small issue; and this is where hopefully one of you can help.  The plastic buffer at the rear of the sliding bolt has disintegrated into a pile of orange/brown bits and needs replacing to stop the metal on metal impact. I have talked to GMK workshop and they say no parts are available but it won't cause any detriment on light loads ( I only shoot/miss clays with 28g fibre 7s) BUT I would like it to be right.

talked to Franchi in USA....total waste of time.

contacted Franchi Europe 4 weeks ago and got a reply yesterday!......basically forget it

So....clutching at straws here but, does anybody know what the dimensions of the buffer are? I can make one as I have lathes and access to a milling machine etc and plenty of Nylon 66 and Delrin stock

or even better does anyone know where I can buy one from? Or borrow one and size it myself? The main dimension required is the protrusion into the breech

other toys ( inherited ) include

Browning 125

Carr Bros Huddersfield SBS hammer sidelock 12g

Webley Scott 410 single bolt action

Belgian folding 410 'Poachers' SBS

any help gratefully received...and I will get around to introducing myself

IMG_3393.JPG.da0b6f57af4cc2bbf4743abaabb86a68.JPGIMG_3394.JPG.8bc2c00624f0de1e21c513bd489ace10.JPGIMG_3395.JPG.3c67083ea25d11fa1291656e609ea0fa.JPG

this is the breech before cleaning

IMG_3408.JPG.105dae0a90d6475a5d300d061f0a1f8d.JPG

this is what fell fell out of it!.....remains of the 'buffer'

IMG_3409.JPG.3dbdc501a9704ec5af15431438c7cffa.JPG

• 5 months later...

Try Numrich gunparts. It’s a us firm, but they do ship to the uk. It took me over two years to get a cocking slide assembly, but I eventually got it from there. They take in old guns and strip them for part, so it can tKe awhile, and you do have to check regularly. Hopefully that helps🤞

2 hours ago, Sphinx said:

Try Numrich gunparts. It’s a us firm, but they do ship to the uk. It took me over two years to get a cocking slide assembly, but I eventually got it from there. They take in old guns and strip them for part, so it can tKe awhile, and you do have to check regularly. Hopefully that helps🤞

How long ago did you order? I don't believe you can get parts any more as per their FAQ:

As of April 5, 2017 we are only servicing the USA, US Protectorates, and Canadian Customers. Unfortunately as a result of regulatory constraints and the cost associated with handling export shipments we can no longer service all other international sales