Why is it ?

steve s×s

39 minutes ago, steve s×s said:

You try and sell a (good)gun private through an add ,very little response or not reasonable offers, put the same gun in RFD and ask for more and probs get it,customer happy (rfd happy), is it me.

hello, do you mean the RFD buying it or selling on your behalf ? cannot seem to sell my VS side lock ejector yet it is cheaper than a boxlock price, 

12 minutes ago, steve s×s said:

Hi poper ,iam not good with words but its as if people trust rfd more than joe blogs, or maybe sales pitch, shop full of guns ect

hello, you could be right steve, if mine is not sold by monday i have a PX agreement on a new O/U, my one last present to my self in this 70th year

4 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, you could be right steve, if mine is not sold by monday i have a PX agreement on a new O/U, my one last present to my self in this 70th year

2 hours ago, steve s×s said:

Tell me about it,iam catching you up fast (65), i have recently traded (given) a very nice sidelock. + £ for a new gun ,the sidelock i refer to is or was for sale with 200% mark up

Have either of you thought about putting your guns in a gun auction , the auction houses are full of run of the mill box locks and these make very little money but there is still a demand for good quality guns and English side locks are holding there own as far as prices goes .

You could ask them to value your gun and if it was in line you could enter it with a reserve stuck on it , if it didn't sell you haven't lost much .

2 hours ago, marsh man said:

Have either of you thought about putting your guns in a gun auction , the auction houses are full of run of the mill box locks and these make very little money but there is still a demand for good quality guns and English side locks are holding there own as far as prices goes .

You could ask them to value your gun and if it was in line you could enter it with a reserve stuck on it , if it didn't sell you haven't lost much .

hello, to late for that as i am picking up my new O/U monday and need the PX to reduce cost,  cheers

On 22/02/2019 at 21:34, steve s×s said:

Hi marshman, just my opinion but i always thinks that auctions were more for buying than selling 

Auctions are were you get rid of stuff you dare not sell in a shop .

On 22/02/2019 at 17:52, islandgun said:

I buy from RFD/ gunshop as they allow a deposit and you can pay it off over time,  private want the full price

May be in the far Northern outposts of Empire , but not many places that I can think of without  hire purchase .