Lightweight air rifle

mk70

Hw95, 99s,bsa lightning, hatson.. Loads of break barrel spring guns. Most besides the hw80 and hw90 are lightweight 

41 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

Cant fault a older bsa supersport. Regularly see them at aution for 70 odd quid. Had many a rat and feral with mine 

Never been to an airgun auction, would like to visit one, any idea where abouts they are advertised 

39 minutes ago, washerboy said:

Hw95, 99s,bsa lightning, hatson.. Loads of break barrel spring guns. Most besides the hw80 and hw90 are lightweight 

Never been to an airgun auction, would like to visit one, any idea where abouts they are advertised 

Sporting auction at salisbury on 23rd march. Ill go to the viewing on friday 22nd sieve through the junk and see whats what. Luckily ive had very good guns so far, but im through on my viewing, ill take a hour or 2. Gotta remember, 75% of whats there is what people/dealers dont want or cant sell. Junk.

But if you like a project, and can change a spring, oil a beaten up stock or changeca barrel seal, you might find something to play with. 

On a side note, all the decent non fac guns went for some very high prices at the last one, half the sale room was non fac holders looking for a 'shoota'. Was very annoying these ***** bidding over the odds. Saw a air pistol, go for over retail. ****** 

7 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, fitting a tinbum tune kit would be as quite as a mouse  F *****g  

They are great.

7 hours ago, Iggy said:

Am tempted but fear I might make a dogs dinner of it....

dead easy to fit and worth the money. Whilst things are out, get the wet and dry sandpaper and give all contact areas a polish, moly grease and check the power! 

Another vote for the 99S, very easy to take apart and polish up. I fitted a roll of coke can as a spring guide and refitted. No special tools or spring compressor needed. Pushes out 11.5 ft lbs and is super quiet when cocking and is extremely consistent shot to shot. Much lighter than the HW 80.

Another candidate is the BSA Meteor Mk 7 another full power rifle. I have yet to fettle this but it looks like it can be stripped from either end of the compression tube as it has a cross pin keeping the front end in, along with a removable transfer port, so I am guessing that they may have different ones for the different calibres?

FB