vermin control

scolopax

1 hour ago, scolopax said:

a depressing little thread started on the other sub section....vermin control

I just do not get it

100% agree. Probably ain't got the knowledge or Field craft to do a effective job during the season instead have to wait till they pair up and become semi tame. Very sad indeed makes my blood boil. IMHO Canada geese should be only be shot out of season by Licence IF they have proven damage and Non Lethal Methods are not effective. 

11 hours ago, scolopax said:

I just do not get it

Agreed, I know its hypocritical to disagree with it and i can't explain why i do, perhaps its about respect for your quarry, I would have no problem if it were rats !.. i still find it distasteful though

totally agree...Canadas should not be classed as vermin...even the woodpigeon is a beautiful bird but certain parties appear to have  lack of respect for them...some folk would shoot the last of a species and be proud of it...each to their own I suppose...atb...misser

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/02/2019 at 11:54, misser said:

totally agree...Canadas should not be classed as vermin...even the woodpigeon is a beautiful bird but certain parties appear to have  lack of respect for them...some folk would shoot the last of a species and be proud of it...each to their own I suppose...atb...misser

Canada's are not reclassified as vermin. They may be shot under the terms of the GL but they still remain as wildfowl. You still have to abide by all the other laws like Non toxic shot and only 3 cartridges in the gun etc.

It is a shame that there are people who have to kill everything and hide behind the 'Vermin Control' flag

On 23/02/2019 at 09:25, guzzicat said:

Not my cup of tea, I left Mallard & Teal alone before inland season ended as they were obviously paired up.Srange weather here, buds early too .

:good:

On 23/02/2019 at 07:08, scolopax said:

I just do not get it

the OP posted it on the 21st feb the day after season ended??,i think the OP wanted a reaction:hmm:

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 09:17, 6.5x55SE said:

100% agree. Probably ain't got the knowledge or Field craft to do a effective job during the season instead have to wait till they pair up and become semi tame. Very sad indeed makes my blood boil. IMHO Canada geese should be only be shot out of season by Licence IF they have proven damage and Non Lethal Methods are not effective. 

Well said that man I couldn't agree more.

On 23/02/2019 at 09:17, 6.5x55SE said:

:good: