Beretta half pistol grip stocks?

grahamch

Am looking for a 20 bore game gun with a proper rounded half pistol grip. So far have seen Brownings and Geurinis but not keen on the latter.

Is it possible to get a Beretta 20 with a proper half pistol or POW grip without having to get a premium model? TIA

Edited by grahamch

Bit more info might help Graham. The title and your post content are at odds or I'm missing something.

The field stock is thinner in the Comb and lower in the Comb, designed to mount along your jaw. The sporter is higher and thicker in the Comb to be mounted under your check bone.

Hope I've understood and answered correctly.

Edited by figgy

I can understand your preference for a rounded or POW grip as opposed to a full pistol grip. My two O/Us both have rounded grips and that certainly is my preference for a single triggered gun.

Have you considered buying a Beretta with a full grip and having it reshaped and recheckered. That way you could select a mid range 20g Beretta out of the hundreds for sale but one with nice wood. I would not have thought that the alteration would cost a fortune but knowing nothing whatsoever about Berettas, stand to be corrected on this.

There are a few on here that I'm sure could make a good job of any alteration.

OB

I note that Button has just posted reference to an ad on Guntrader for a 20g Macnab Highlander. This is what I have and cannot recommend them highly enough. Made by B.Rizzini, the best of the Rizzini clan. The one advertised is a boxlock, but they also did a sideplated version which look good, if you can find one.

However, if interested, you had better be quick, as another pigeon watch member is also very interested in that particular gun.

OB

18 hours ago, button said:

I too am looking at having a Beretta 20 bore modified to a straight hand stock and a rounded/english forend and I have been quoted c.£300

I had this done to a 20g EELL many years ago but also altered to double triggers as that was my preference with a straight hand stock. However, in my ignorance I didn't realise that it would significantly alter (lengthen) the length of pull. Not wishing to have it altered further, I then sold it for what I paid for it. Wished I still had it as they are now going for more than double what I paid.

OB