DeGale v Eubank Jr

chrisjpainter

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/46745027

it seems like the British mouthy boxers are finally starting to do some fighting, not just talking about fighting. Perhaps we can get a grip on who sits where the British also-ran pecking order. I don't see any of them as being world class, and none come even close to Carl Froch

DeGale has slipped badly the last few years and think Eubanks will be way too busy for him.Prime,no doubting he should win but going by his 2 fights with Truax post Jack,he is finished at a decent level.

Eubanks can be a lazy starter but Degale like his breathers during the fight and with Eubanks engine he wont get much time to relax.

Wouldnt be overly surprised if a late stoppage could occur either.

• 1 month later...

Not watching it myself as refuse to pay for it . If the right James degale turns up on the night he should outbox eubank easily but James degale does switch off & goes missing in the mid rounds. Eubank could win it with a busy work rate and staying right on top of degale and keeping the pressure on . James degale does not like a brawl. If degale is to lose this I can only see retirement for him not really anymore fights out there  for him really. If Eubanks loses it just cements the fact that he is a British or European level fighter at best. 

The middle/super middleweight are odd divisions right now. You have Golovkin and Alvares in a league of their own, then a heck of a lot of mediocrity who are just nowhere near their class. Saunders, I reckon, is probably the best of them, but it's still a premier league of two, then a championship of also rans

Degale will retire after that abysmal showing surely.Never rated him that much but he's slipped way too much.

Jnr showed adjustments which has improved him and hopefully he keeps taking things on board.

Couple of cards were cooked as way too close.

Edited by sako751sg

8 hours ago, sako751sg said:

Degale will retire after that abysmal showing surely.Never rated him that much but he's slipped way too much.

Jnr showed adjustments which has improved him and hopefully he keeps taking things on board.

Couple of cards were cooked as way too close.

was it that bad? I've always liked Degale but as Stephen says he hasn't been the same since Badou Jack

7 hours ago, washerboy said:

Dare I say it.. 

I think Saunders at his best will beat GGG 

Really?? I think GGG still has the power to deal with bjs comfortably. 

Degale was well beaten and will retire. Some less than classy acts from both fighters. Jnr still not good enough to step up again. 

I haven't seen the fight, so what were these low class things?? I've read about a low blow and a shoulder charge? Don't forget they are fighting, fatigue frustration might cause a low blow, a shoulder charge? Bernard Hopkins used to hit people with anything he could and had a very long and successful career because of it.

We've at least six months of listening to eubank jr mention every good middleweight & super middleweight names under the sun now & then fighting the easiest one or a defence of that naff ibo title he carries around everywhere with him. Next best move for him is to target Anthony dirrell for the wbc world title