"im mainly lamb shanks"

ditchman

got the old slowcooker out agin...as i want to cut the grass today and cant be fussed with fiddling in the kitchen.........Whitebridges came round yesterday with an 80's Mercury S model he had bought...very nice to...hadnt been abused ..for me to tickle up.....and with it came a crate of red wine....some of which has gone into the lamb shanks cooker...........i have yet to put in the leeks as i dont want them to cook to nuthin...........

i will serve this up with sweetheart cabbage and baby potatoes.....redcurrant jelly and a nice glass or two of red wine ...cheers nige :good:

i will add a few more pics later...as and when..

lamb shanks 1 001tn_.JPG

lamb shanks 1 002tn_.JPG

lamb shanks 1 003tn_.JPG

lamb shanks 1 004tn_.JPG

lamb shanks 1 005tn_.JPG

lamb shanks 1 006tn_.JPG

lamb shanks 1 007tn_.JPG

lamb shanks 1 008tn_.JPG

Nice one Simon. Shanks are delicious when cooked right and that sounds just the ticket.  We are having pheasant breasts sliced thin (1/4 inch) and then fast fried in garlic and butter in the skillet with possibly a shake of Tony Chatery's Cajun Mix which I have shipped in personally from the States. Goes with anything ven those shanks. Have no idea what is planned for vegs but a glass of Hob Goblin may be consumed.

40 minutes ago, washerboy said:

Where's the gun photo 😂😂😂

i did a merc s rebuild a while ago....you will have to revisit that ..:lol:

48 minutes ago, moor man said:

Can't wait, I'm drooling.

What are you going to eat tho?😂

Bon appietit mon ami.....

cheers..:good:

had 3.5 hrs on high..1 hr on med...........took out the shanks...meat comes off nice...chopped the leeks...back in the pot now on low.......had a taste...loverly jubbly...it has redcurrant jelly in it vedge stock pot ground black pepper ...good red wine........

will leave it now to superate then i will skin the fat off....i dont think it will need thickening........

the "sun is over the yard barn"....so it is alcohol time

more pics later.........

shanks 2 001tn_.JPG

shanks 2 002tn_.JPG

9 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

It does look appetising Ditchy.....I recon a similar dish made out of deer would be nice too! Lol! 🦌

Not a silly suggestion.  I always bone out and stuff a deer haunch and leave as much of the shank on as possible and is usually the first end to be carved and never had complaints.

20yrs ago lamb shank was always on the menu of hotels and eating houses. Don't see it so much these days.

Edited by Walker570