Solid slug advice

I am planning on reloading 12g solid slug for my combination gun. The components I already have/will have;

Fiocci 70mm hulls (once fired need repriming)

Cervo slugs (barrel is 1/2choke, fixed)

Unique, Blue dot, 2400 (already have these)

Does anyone have recipes for these components please? Are there any suppliers other than F.E.S. Buck&Slug? any helpful advise happily received. I already reload for various calibres but have no experience with shotshell reloading.

Can I roll crimp a previously star crimped case? Which is best, roll or star crimp?

Would I be better off buying primed cases?

I am aware of the issues of firing other designs of solid slug through a 1/2 choke hence the cervo slug.          Thanks, MM.

Edited by moor man

Guest cookoff013
7 hours ago, moor man said:

Thanks Vince, waiting on cervoslugs + primed hulls to start reloading with. Fixed 1/2 choke so the main variable factor will be powder weight, can I load the same as centre fire ie start load then work up?

Cheers.

i would not start reloading like that. you need published data. shotguns are relatively low pressure compared to rifle. the hull is plastic and cannot give you warning signs. its plastic. it will not tell you diddley.

8 hours ago, cookoff013 said:

i would not start reloading like that. you need published data. shotguns are relatively low pressure compared to rifle. the hull is plastic and cannot give you warning signs. its plastic. it will not tell you diddley.

Thanks cookoff13, understood.

which slug / powder combination would you suggest for accuracy thanks.

I already cast for .357

Are the lee slug moulds any good?

I have plenty of pure lead.

(I've heard you are the chap to ask)

Thanks, MM.

Honest answer, probably not, but I like to do stuff myself. I get a lot of satisfaction from knowing I have made my own ammo.

I'm not new to reloading but lack experience with shotshell/slug.

.38sp/.357, .243, 6.5x55 all loaded safely and successfully so I would like to try 12g slug, just need some pointers, thanks.

Guest cookoff013

I dont reload slug. But I end up with alot of data when I collect normal shotgun shot cartridge data.powders cross over.

Slug depends on what data and components you have. Most of these wadded slugs can be used with normal shotgun powders but they will be slow. Need to find dedicated data.

I hear the lee moulds are great for cheap target wad lead slug loads. I hear the lyman 525gr is exellent. What are you wanting ti do. Range / target?

Pm me.gualandi have target slug data

Guest cookoff013

unique may be the thing here. alliant say its good for 35-36g shot loads in 12gauge. 

reading through, it has relatively high powder charges and low pressures, probable has a huge range it can be safe in.

how is the weight of the cervo slug?