Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jacko3275

Is 50% good

Recommended Posts

 Went  today and just wondered if hitting 50% of the birds is good for my 4th time clay shooting ...

Edited by Jacko3275

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you not have score cards ?

50% is good but don't beat yourself up if you shoot less as you progress it's just how it is, some good and bad days.

Jacko what discipline and how many did you shoot at, a round of 25 50 or 100. Where did you shoot at?

Edited by figgy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, figgy said:

Do you not have score cards ?

50% is good but don't beat yourself up if you shoot less as you progress it's just how it is, some good and bad days.

Jacko what discipline and how many did you shoot at, a round of 25 50 or 100. Where did you shoot at?

Sporting i think ... basically in a field with 1 double trap a crosser and Incomer and so on  shot 75 and hit 38 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where in the country were you shooting ?

From what you have posted it seems like a local strawbailer.

Edited by figgy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jacko3275 said:

 Went  today and just wondered if hitting 50% of the birds is good for my 4th time clay shooting ...

It is a good start and a sound basis to learn upon.

Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

It is a good start and a sound basis to learn upon.

Good luck.

Hopefully get better when I get my own gun 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not bad. For me shooting is for fun every couple of weeks/once a month and the odd game day in season.

I'm not looking to a world beater or even compete in a registered shoot; I'm just aiming to not be a complete disaster in the field. So for me anywhere between 50 and 70% I'm happy with, not too worried about fluctuations in score either. Everyone has different targets of what they are happy with based on what they want out of the sport. 

Have you had any proper lessons / coaching? If not it's worth it before bad habits creep in. They just get harder to correct further down the line. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jacko3275 said:

Doncaster ye it is just a local Sunday morning group  

Try the boar clay ground just off the woodhead pass you can hire a gun & go around yourself or with a friend there is every discipline available some nice easy clays to get your eye in with & some more challenging ones on the flush & simulated game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jacko3275 said:

No lessons as yet want my own gun first then gonna book some 

if you get some lessons your coach will advise on what is likely to suit/fit best. May save money in the end

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stephen-H said:

Try the boar clay ground just off the woodhead pass you can hire a gun & go around yourself or with a friend there is every discipline available some nice easy clays to get your eye in with & some more challenging ones on the flush & simulated game 

Gonna go up there in summer a few mates say it great

8 minutes ago, Mr.C said:

if you get some lessons your coach will advise on what is likely to suit/fit best. May save money in the end

Already ordered my gun just waiting on my cert to drop then I can go and pick it up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats not bad, even after shooting for 20+ years I still have bad days and dont get 50%!  Consistency is key though and dont be disappointed if you dont score the same next time.

What gun have you ordered?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wingman said:

Thats not bad, even after shooting for 20+ years I still have bad days and dont get 50%!  Consistency is key though and dont be disappointed if you dont score the same next time.

What gun have you ordered?

Ata sp bronze sporter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jacko3275 said:

Gonna go up there in summer a few mates say it great

Already ordered my gun just waiting on my cert to drop then I can go and pick it up

Lovely hope to see you in the summer as I help out up there filling traps etc 👍great bunch at the boar I'm sure you will enjoy it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yaaayh!!!! we got another one hooked ,seriously though mate welcome to the wonderful addictive world of clay shooting . 50% nowt wrong with that bud so long as your enjoying it thats all that matters.

A couple of other grounds not too far from you ,both nice and friendly and with a good mix of targets for beginners and the  more experienced shooters.

http://www.pinewoodsg.co.uk/

http://parklodgeshootingschool.co.uk/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

50% is good for your 4th outing.

Been shooting for "a few years" clay/game/pest.

and...............

I couldn't "get my eye in" on the clays yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been shooting/missing for two and a half years

50%\55% is my current average on sporting. Got 68% yesterday....but I have a very good excuse

 

 

 

im just not that good....BUT i shoot with some really good shots and that makes it better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be happy with 50% well done, in fact I’m happy with 50% sometimes and I’ve been shooting for a good number of years. You’ll have good days and days where you can’t hit the proverbial barn door. Most important thing is to not get down beat on bad days and go back looking to improve. I shoot because I love the company and the sport more than being ultra competitive. Just have have fun and the scores will sort themselves out. 👍

Edited by Jbob
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look at it this way

 

shooting clays in the wind and rain, missing more than hitting, roughly 50p every time you pull the trigger.  OR.  Walking around IKEA B&Q or Gardenncentre

 

no brainier really

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be so delighted with 50% at skeet, I would probably frame my score sheet

Edited by Vince Green

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...