Is 50% good

Jacko3275

Do you not have score cards ?

50% is good but don't beat yourself up if you shoot less as you progress it's just how it is, some good and bad days.

Jacko what discipline and how many did you shoot at, a round of 25 50 or 100. Where did you shoot at?

Edited by figgy

10 minutes ago, figgy said:

Do you not have score cards ?

50% is good but don't beat yourself up if you shoot less as you progress it's just how it is, some good and bad days.

Jacko what discipline and how many did you shoot at, a round of 25 50 or 100. Where did you shoot at?

Sporting i think ... basically in a field with 1 double trap a crosser and Incomer and so on  shot 75 and hit 38 

Not bad. For me shooting is for fun every couple of weeks/once a month and the odd game day in season.

I'm not looking to a world beater or even compete in a registered shoot; I'm just aiming to not be a complete disaster in the field. So for me anywhere between 50 and 70% I'm happy with, not too worried about fluctuations in score either. Everyone has different targets of what they are happy with based on what they want out of the sport. 

Have you had any proper lessons / coaching? If not it's worth it before bad habits creep in. They just get harder to correct further down the line. 

6 hours ago, Jacko3275 said:

Doncaster ye it is just a local Sunday morning group  

Try the boar clay ground just off the woodhead pass you can hire a gun & go around yourself or with a friend there is every discipline available some nice easy clays to get your eye in with & some more challenging ones on the flush & simulated game 

1 hour ago, Stephen-H said:

Try the boar clay ground just off the woodhead pass you can hire a gun & go around yourself or with a friend there is every discipline available some nice easy clays to get your eye in with & some more challenging ones on the flush & simulated game 

Gonna go up there in summer a few mates say it great

8 minutes ago, Mr.C said:

if you get some lessons your coach will advise on what is likely to suit/fit best. May save money in the end

Already ordered my gun just waiting on my cert to drop then I can go and pick it up

3 hours ago, Jacko3275 said:

Gonna go up there in summer a few mates say it great

Already ordered my gun just waiting on my cert to drop then I can go and pick it up

Lovely hope to see you in the summer as I help out up there filling traps etc 👍great bunch at the boar I'm sure you will enjoy it 

Yaaayh!!!! we got another one hooked ,seriously though mate welcome to the wonderful addictive world of clay shooting . 50% nowt wrong with that bud so long as your enjoying it thats all that matters.

A couple of other grounds not too far from you ,both nice and friendly and with a good mix of targets for beginners and the  more experienced shooters.

http://www.pinewoodsg.co.uk/

http://parklodgeshootingschool.co.uk/

I would be happy with 50% well done, in fact I’m happy with 50% sometimes and I’ve been shooting for a good number of years. You’ll have good days and days where you can’t hit the proverbial barn door. Most important thing is to not get down beat on bad days and go back looking to improve. I shoot because I love the company and the sport more than being ultra competitive. Just have have fun and the scores will sort themselves out. 👍

Edited by Jbob
Typo

1 hour ago, Diver One said:

Look at it this way

shooting clays in the wind and rain, missing more than hitting, roughly 50p every time you pull the trigger.  OR.  Walking around IKEA B&Q or Gardenncentre

no brainier really

Exactly this! It all really depends what you want from the sport. But whatever you want, be it casual get-togethers or disciplined shooting where the score counts... Have fun doing it!