Maxam csb5 load bush

37 minutes ago, Diss4111 said:

I believe it is either .171 and .180. You will need to check it. You will get best performance from 22.5 grains. What wads are you using?

Hi thanks for the response they supplied me with Gualandi V_Zero 25 wads, I guess these are standard fit for 28 g loads. When you mention grains how do I measure that I also purchased a small digital scale for reloading not sure what weight scale I need is it grammes or grain. Thanks once again for your experienced support 

You need the scales set to measure grains. I had to modify my load all bushes to make them adjustable. This is basically a M4 screw drilled and tapped through the bush where the number is. You do need to cut a slot in the aluminium plate to allow it to slide. I can take photos of this and send to you if you need to do this. It allows you to fine tune the powder charge

2 minutes ago, Diss4111 said:

You need the scales set to measure grains. I had to modify my load all bushes to make them adjustable. This is basically a M4 screw drilled and tapped through the bush where the number is. You do need to cut a slot in the aluminium plate to allow it to slide. I can take photos of this and send to you if you need to do this. It allows you to fine tune the powder charge

Hi, to be honest once I get the right powder Bush I won't be changing it. I have done the the hole on the top cover modification that allows you to empty the shot hopper after you disconnect it from the main body of the loader. Upload some piccys anyway it's always nice to see modifications. Cheers. 

Guest cookoff013

i bought a mec, because there are more options with bushings and bars.

the alternate to opening up a small bushing, is closing a bigger bushing. the world is your oyster

Just to let you chaps know I did 25 test loads at the 171 Bush setting everything was fine on the BPS but when I used my old long recoil auto 5 I had a couple of shots that failed to load I guess there wasn't enough energy in the load so I've gone up to the 180 Bush I do a test batch soon and report back thanks for all your help 

that's a dangerous way of load testing. I have used CSB5 for years and have found 22.5 grains to give optimum performance balancing speed/recoil and good patterns. I have loaded up to 25 grains which pack a punch so unless you have good dental insurance don't go that high.