Bosch GOP 250 CE repair help

silver pigeon69

Hi

I have one of the above and need to change the tool holder. I have the new part but can’t work out how the old one comes off? I think it pulls off, but if so it must be a very tight fit to stop it moving when the tool is working. I have attached some photos. Any advice would be appreciated. 

1CE3CA57-3563-4DF6-A728-2C1379566B35.jpeg

FDBDA559-51D6-4022-83E3-16113F2CE2B2.jpeg

51156C9A-9449-4784-B27C-FB6AC00F795F.jpeg

4 hours ago, andrewluke said:

you need something like this

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, amateur said:

…… and before you put the new one on the shaft, check if it slips on easily.

If it does, use some bearing lock to hold it. If it is too tight to slip on, pop it in the oven at 250 degrees for half an hour to expand it first.

and thank you.

Hi

Your local motor garage may have a 'mini-ductor' type thingy that uses a flexible wire/coil and electro-magnetic induction to heat up seized components and hence expand to take off.

I had two with no use for them so gave them to a friend - shame you are not nearer as he will still have them.........

L

i would cut a slot in the old one with a 1mm cutting disc most of the way into the ring and give it a tap with a sharp cold chisel on the edge.

heat up new and drop it on shrink fit.

you would be better off taking it apart to do the job really.

they are a pain just put a new motor in a battery milwakee mulitool was a fiddley strip down.

Edited by Remimax

2 hours ago, rovercoupe said:

If it's Bosch it will be a right pain to do but I would go with a bit of heat on the ring and it should come off, you may have to heat the new one to get it on too. 

Thank you. Should i heat it (carefully) and then use the gear/bearing puller? 

1 hour ago, Loki said:

Hi

Your local motor garage may have a 'mini-ductor' type thingy that uses a flexible wire/coil and electro-magnetic induction to heat up seized components and hence expand to take off.

I had two with no use for them so gave them to a friend - shame you are not nearer as he will still have them.........

L

Thanks. I don't know a garage that would do "mates rates" , that would have one, and i can get a new (Makita, which i like) for £90 ish, so not worth paying a garage £40+. The bosch is 7 yrs old and has done some hard work, so i'm not expecting it to last much longer without a major breakdown!

11 minutes ago, Remimax said:

i would cut a slot in the old one with a 1mm cutting disc most of the way into the ring and give it a tap with a sharp cold chisel on the edge.

as has been said heat the new one up and put it on ,watch the heat transfer doesn't fry it so a controlled cool off might be required

Thanks for the reply. I did think of this but the body is quite close to the tool holder and i didn't think i could cut deep enough, without cutting the body or shaft, to be able to crack the remaining metal. I think there would be about 5mm of depth left at the back and 3 at the front? I will hold a grinding disc against it tomorrow and take a better look.

How would you suggest a controlled cool off? wet rag around the base of the shaft or a dip?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...