mixy rabbits

whent out last night to get some rabbits for dog  food    shot some monsters    but some had mixy    if you see a rabbit   with  mixy how long does it take for them to get over it as you often see the scaring about the eyes when they have had it  so    different lads tell me to leave them and they get over it    because shooting with night vision  cannot realy see it till you pick it up but then its  to late    for me i would sooner shoot them to put them out of there misery     what you think people   cheers   george

If they can still drink and eat with mixy then there's a chance they will survive it, but I've no idea how long that would take. Some don't survive it. If you're shooting them for pest control then you should shoot them regardless, if not then the choice is yours.

They don't get over it if you leave them...…..  SOME might, the others just die an unpleasant death.

Shoot them all, if you want them for dog food they will be fine. 

Foxes eat ALL rabbits regardless and no CONFIRMED cases of myxomatosis have been reported in any species other than rabbit. 

• 4 weeks later...

The rabbits that do survive put the added resistance to Myxie back into the gene pool thereby making more Myxie resistant rabbits for the future. It depends if you WANT resistant rabbits in the future. I do, so I leave them to recover if they are going to.