Tuition

shawn9914

I have contacted a company called Pennsports regards getting some lessons on shooting with both eyes open as I am struggling at the minute to master this, I have had a price of £165 per hour plus cartridges plus clays does this sound about right for shooting lessons as its a bit more than I thought it would be just wondered what any of you have paid in the past 

Cheers 

6 hours ago, shawn9914 said:

I have contacted a company called Pennsports regards getting some lessons on shooting with both eyes open as I am struggling at the minute to master this, I have had a price of £165 per hour plus cartridges plus clays does this sound about right for shooting lessons as its a bit more than I thought it would be just wondered what any of you have paid in the past 

Cheers 

I just had to google them 😑  to see who this famous multiple world champion was to be able to command such absurdly high prices 😂, I will let others fill you in properly, suffice to say many multiple world champs (as well as mere mortals) have dismissed large parts of his diatribe as utter nonsense. 😂

Pretty much any half decent "name" coach will be able to advise you (Ben is as good as any) regarding master eye problems, once you arrive at one of 4 (cross over stocks are a non starter by the way) possible solutions you need to stick to it and practice until it becomes second nature to the extent you don't even think about it.

I'm having tuition with Joe Neville at the moment - two lessons in and I'm shooting both eyes open (left eye master, right handed), and basic clays going 1 out of 5 to 4 or 5 out if 5! 

One to one with only us two on his grounds.  Loads of traps and a great chap too, I'll be having another few lessons with him. I've my own carts  and gun but he can provide if you haven't any. Charges around 60

Many thanks for all the replies I will give doveridge shooting ground a call only 15 mins up the road 

35 minutes ago, gsalmons said:

I'm having tuition with Joe Neville at the moment - two lessons in and I'm shooting both eyes open (left eye master, right handed), and basic clays going 1 out of 5 to 4 or 5 out if 5! 

One to one with only us two on his grounds.  Loads of traps and a great chap too, I'll be having another few lessons with him. I've my own carts  and gun but he can provide if you haven't any. Charges around 60

Where is he based please