First Success

Trenta

Hello team,

Just wanted to post about my first success on the pigeons, and also to thank the contributors on here for their helpful tips and advice.  I had been blanking with minimal results up until Saturday when me and my boy finally had some luck.  The luck coincided with purchasing and deploying a new rotary with hyperflaps silosocks (after good advice from Old Boggy from this forum).  

The rotary and decoys worked a treat, and the added movement proved to be the missing element from my pattern, with numerous birds decoying in from long distances.  We had a great day on the OSR, and I restored mine and my boys faith in pigeon shooting.  We finished with a dozen in the end, but could have had more if we stayed for longer - what a fantastic day, and we will be out again soon for sure! 

IMG_1096.jpg

IMG_1079 (1).jpg

IMG_1093 (1).jpg

9 minutes ago, Trenta said:

He is 5 - that photo was somewhat staged.  We dont have a gun dog, but my nipper is a crack retriever!

Being so young just watch he does not start running in when you take a shot. :)

nice to see you out with your lad and hope he continues to enjoy his shooting and one another’s company.:drinks:

Well done on your first successful day which I'm sure will be the first of many more to come. Made particularly special with your young son in attendance. He will now wish to accompany you on every occasion. He looks very keen.

Many thanks for sharing with us.

OB