Winchester sx3

hopefulcatcher

I have recently purchased a Winchester SX3 as a result of some videos on YouTube. What a cracking gun and I had some of best scores until a couple of weeks ago when it broke. The bolt was locked forward, and would not come back. I had to wait until I got home to check it.  There is a small wedge shaped piece of black metal that locates on the bottom slide. It is like a piece of a jigsaw that slots into place and is held there by a tiny pin. The pin had sheared off and the wedge became loose. It wasn’t until I looked at other forums that mine is not an isolated case.  I contacted Winchester in the States but they just referred me to dealers in this country.  However if anyone is in the same situation, fix it yourself with Gorrila glue. Much stronger than the original tiny pin and saved a fortune in replacing the bottom breech block slide. Hope this helps others in the same situation.

Mine did exact same thing took it back to the gun shop as it was under warranty they fitted a new pin by there gun smith they said it wasn’t worth the hassel sending it to Winchester for that. Lasted a fuw months and pin came loose started working it’s way out took it back again and a wanted it sending away to be fixed as only a year old it came back with a new pin in wasn’t a very good job ends had just been flatted badly with a punch didn’t look as good as it was originally they’d marked the stock totally last hart with it chopped it in at a different gun shop for a new beretta A400 action over 3000 cartridges through it going off the gun pod they fitted from new been no bother

But to be fair my friend bought a sx3 the same time as a did exactly the same guns in wood stock he still has his never one issue just my luck a suppose