Tommy Robinson and Panorama's fake news

andrewluke

6 minutes ago, washerboy said:

Rampant racist, that given power would make British streets worse then they are 

Having seen much regarding Tommy Robinson, ( his talk at Cambridge (?) Uni was quite convincing...I think  ) I don't believe he is racist. As much as I believe the BBC to be anything but impartial, how do we know the video above isn't fake news either?  

1 minute ago, hod said:

Steven Laxley Lennon is a racist with a mantra of hate. Unsurprisingly, the likes of twitter and Facebook etc don’t want to be associated with such views and being involved in propagating them. 

well it took them a while to ban him for those reasons or is it the recent bbc/panorama video that has them worried??

1 hour ago, washerboy said:

A rampant racist? as opposed to a common or garden racist ?
And he would , given power make British streets worse ? Worse than what ? Now? :lol:
Heres that well known racist John Barnes giving his opinion on racism, educate yourself.

19 minutes ago, andrewluke said:

well it took them a while to ban him for those reasons or is it the recent bbc/panorama video that has them worried??

I’ve no idea if this was the reason or not. Although I wouldn’t be too confident that the Facebook organisation has any genuine moral position - more like wanting to be seen to do the right thing, as to do otherwise would ultimately hit them in the pocket. Hence then notgiving a platform to contemptible individuals such as Yaxley Lennon. 

I find it astounding people defend his rhetoric and background - BNP, EDL, criminal convictions etc. 

All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to stay silent and all that. 

45 minutes ago, hod said:

Steven Laxley Lennon is a racist with a mantra of hate. Unsurprisingly, the likes of twitter and Facebook etc don’t want to be associated with such views and being involved in propagating them. 

17 minutes ago, hod said:

I’ve no idea if this was the reason or not. Although I wouldn’t be too confident that the Facebook organisation has any genuine moral position - more like wanting to be seen to do the right thing, as to do otherwise would ultimately hit them in the pocket. Hence then notgiving a platform to contemptible individuals such as Yaxley Lennon. 

I find it astounding people defend his rhetoric and background - BNP, EDL, criminal convictions etc. 

2 hours ago, washerboy said:

Out of curiosity did you watch the video? Have you ever watched his videos? Or do you know him personally?

I'm wondering how you came to your opinions of him. 

I don't follow him but have seen a few videos, this one and the other mentioned above and didn't hear anythin racist from him. But I did hear racism amongst other things from Panorama reporter John Sweeney.

Edited by Newbie to this

2 hours ago, Scully said:

Having seen much regarding Tommy Robinson, ( his talk at Cambridge (?) Uni was quite convincing...I think  ) I don't believe he is racist. As much as I believe the BBC to be anything but impartial, how do we know the video above isn't fake news either?  

Scully , i think it was Oxford , but yes i enjoyed it and a great insight  into his life as a young man . And the area he was growing up in , 

41 minutes ago, hod said:

Some could argue that Robinsons stance and views on Islamic gangs grooming young girls for their own paedophiliac purposes is an example of your last paragraph?

3 hours ago, washerboy said:

and you live....where? Certainly not Rotherham?

1 hour ago, henry d said:

Depends on whether he steps over their boundaries, same as if it oversteps the rules here?

What are the rules here, Henry?

1 hour ago, hod said:

They propagate everyone elses! Anti-semitic comments from Labour MPs and followers.....

52 minutes ago, hod said:

It,s not a question of defending his rhetoric, or background...it,s more about having a level playing field....it seems you can have anti-semitic views, and publish them, and get elected to Parliament!  And as far as I know, there have been no mass rapes etc committed by jewish men in this country. 

10 minutes ago, stuartyboy said:

Some could argue that Robinsons stance and views on Islamic gangs grooming young girls for their own paedophiliac purposes is an example of your last paragraph?

Correct

2 hours ago, hod said:

I’m not a fan of the bloke, but for some reason people seem to think it’s cool (or maybe Intelligent?) to call him by the name on his birth certificate, but don’t do the same for ‘sting’  or ‘Calvin Harris’ etc etc. 

Just don’t get it......

Edited by markm

1 hour ago, Newbie to this said:

Out of curiosity did you watch the video? Have you ever watched his videos? Or do you know him personally?

I'm wondering how you came to your opinions of him. 

I don't follow him but have seen a few videos, this one and the other mentioned above and didn't hear anythin racist from him. But I did hear racism amongst other things from Panorama reporter John Sweeney.

I’ve not watched the full video, but yes have seen the John Sweeney part which I fully agree with you with. 

1 hour ago, pinfireman said:

and you live....where? Certainly not Rotherham?

What are the rules here, Henry?

They propagate everyone elses! Anti-semitic comments from Labour MPs and followers.....

Very valid points. There’s not huge immigration/changes in demographics where I live like some have seen in other parts of the country.

1 hour ago, stuartyboy said:

An argument not without merit. But to think that Robinson is doing so out of concern for communities as opposed to his... dislike of Islam/minorities is debatable. His more recent trial demonstrates well that he is more interested in himself and his ideology, than the victims. 

1 hour ago, pinfireman said:

It,s not a question of defending his rhetoric, or background...it,s more about having a level playing field....it seems you can have anti-semitic views, and publish them, and get elected to Parliament!  And as far as I know, there have been no mass rapes etc committed by jewish men in this country. 

Correct

Very true. 

33 minutes ago, markm said:

I’m not a fan of the bloke, but for some reason people seem to think it’s cool (or maybe Intelligent?) to call him by the name on his birth certificate, but don’t do the same for ‘sting’  or ‘Calvin Harris’ etc etc. 

Just don’t get it......

More to do with calling him out. The name he chooses at this time (he’s had a few) sounds more English/British and appeals to his target audience. 

This must be the most involved in an internet argument I’ve ever been... must step away... 

Edited by hod

30 minutes ago, hod said:

More to do with calling him out. The name he chooses at this time (he’s had a few) sounds more English/British and appeals to his target audience. 

I think he changed his name to protect his family. He has had repeated death threats made against his family and his changes of names were designed to protect his family and their identity.  

33 minutes ago, hod said:

Robinson is doing so out of concern for communities as opposed to his... dislike of Islam/minorities is debatable.

Again, Robinson repeatedly makes the claim he has no issue with Islam or it's followers. His issue is with the extremism form of Islam that calls for Sharia law in the UK, excuses paedophillia, encourages the murder of homosexuals etc etc. 

I think most people would agree with his sentiments there without thinking of themselves as being against Islam as a whole or being racist. 

However, he is intelligent and an articulate speaker so his views may be far more extreme than than he lets on.