Grapefruit knives x6

Lord Geordie

I have a set of 6 Scotia grapefruit knives. Faux bone handles, beautifully finished with a flash of red in the bolster. The blade depicts a thistle bush and is stamped stainless. They seem very well built. But I can not find any others like them? All the bolsters I have seen seem to be plain. 

There is no case for these as it was apparently damaged beyond repair? Mum just banded them up and put them away in a Tin of kitchen bits. I can’t ever recollect seeing these as a kid so must have been someone else’s as mum never used them. 

Looking for £10 posted?

B4AE6F3B-CD13-42D7-9C36-65D383443134.jpeg

1 hour ago, Seadog1408 said:

Grapefruit knives were nearly always serrated and had a 33 degree (ish) curved blade.

Better pic! While they are not serrated they ARE double edged with one edge being a good sharp, edge and the opposite side ground but not razor sharp to cut away the flesh from the skin! I believe the sharp edge is to cut the fruit into bite size pieces! They are definitely grapefruit knives :good: 

013F9D3B-484E-4380-AC7E-3577482B790A.jpeg

On 27/02/2019 at 20:29, Lord Geordie said:

The lordship halo fell and started strangling  

besides what with brexit we may not get grapefruit anymore!  so need to unload them while I can :good: 

Sadly grapefruit is one of the things we will get, we will need to get used to them as we won’t get pork, so your grapefruit knifes might come in handy when we can have a bacon butty, prime time to pick up a set of grapefruit knifes really