Rescuing rats!

Retsdon

21 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I was half expecting the German fire Crew to release the rat from the man hole cover and then send it for trauma counselling, a diet regime and them repatriation to the sewer!

Hi guys, thanks for all the help and support, really enjoying my stay at the rathabilitation centre.

Ratty

ratty.jpg

4 hours ago, Duckandswing said:

I’d have stamped the dirty little cretin 

Yes, the jackboot would probably fallen if the press weren't there to record their humanity to flash across the world.

3 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I was half expecting the German fire Crew to release the rat from the man hole cover and then send it for trauma counselling, a diet regime and them repatriation to the sewer!

To the UK surely?

8 hours ago, moose man said:

My old terrier would have got him out a in a second , well the top half at least ...

Haha. My old mongrel too.

He was a demon for rats, and I can clearly recall the high point of his career. In the half darkness of a late winter afternoon when I heard rats moving around on the grain inside, I once chucked him over the top into a galvanized 20 ton grain bin that fed our barley bruiser. From inside, for about 5 to 8 seconds there were the sounds of frantic action  -  rising dust, and sounds of sliding grain, squeaking, snorting, and the odd yip from the dog. Then all of a sudden - complete and total silence.

Wondering what had happened, I switched on the light and climbed up the ladder and peered over the top to have a look. Six feet below me the dog was standing, tense as a ball, completely surrounded by dead rats and looking around himself for more.

When I later climbed in myself with a fork to get the corpses out, there were 13 of them. 

Edited to include a snapshot of the demon rat killer...

IMG_20190301_133902.jpg

Edited by Retsdon

1 hour ago, Retsdon said:

Haha. My old mongrel too.

He was a demon for rats, and I can clearly recall the high point of his career. In the half darkness of a late winter afternoon when I heard rats moving around on the grain inside, I once chucked him over the top into a galvanized 20 ton grain bin that fed our barley bruiser. From inside, for about 5 to 8 seconds there were the sounds of frantic action  -  rising dust, and sounds of sliding grain, squeaking, snorting, and the odd yip from the dog. Then all of a sudden - complete and total silence.

Wondering what had happened, I switched on the light and climbed up the ladder and peered over the top to have a look. Six feet below me the dog was standing, tense as a ball, completely surrounded by dead rats and looking around himself for more.

When I later climbed in myself with a fork to get the corpses out, there were 13 of them. 

Unlucky for them eh! 😗