Two things

getthegat

So I'm after advice on wheel barrows and flappers.

Anybody got some recommendations on either or both.

Now that I have a magnet, with battery, plus all the other parafinalia, the weight has tipped me over the edge of what I can physically carry, and I also feel I want a flapper. I was out with a mate today on rape and I think the extra amount of decoys and more movement, helped bring the birds in better. 

I had a flapper before, but it broke pretty quickly and was not particularly cheap.

A barrow needs a big-ish wheel and be light, I reckon.

Cheers in advance.

I found pulling rather than pushing was easier over roughish ground, so my cart is a bread tray mounted on a frame with two golf trolley wheels towrds the rear and a long handle which can be removed to enable it to fit in the back of my LR90. I can get a dozen decoys, stag seat, bag of nourishment, flask, cartridges and my flapper, plus half a dozen stakes and netting on it with a couple of elastic straps over the lot. Cheap as chips and easy to pull along.  I do have the motor and axle for the golf trolley and planned to power it but find a couple of hundred yards easy enough as is and I'm no chicken.

My flapper is a rotary one with two foam wings and a standard pecker shaped decoy, window winder motor rubber belt drive and intermittent switch.  I use a small golf trolley battery which fully charged wil last four or five hours easy, maybe more.

Edited by Walker570

11 hours ago, getthegat said:

So I'm after advice on wheel barrows and flappers.

Anybody got some recommendations on either or both.

Now that I have a magnet, with battery, plus all the other parafinalia, the weight has tipped me over the edge of what I can physically carry, and I also feel I want a flapper. I was out with a mate today on rape and I think the extra amount of decoys and more movement, helped bring the birds in better. 

I had a flapper before, but it broke pretty quickly and was not particularly cheap.

A barrow needs a big-ish wheel and be light, I reckon.

Cheers in advance.

A carp fishing barrow with as large a wheel as possible. They fold up and take apart for transport.

https://www.google.com/search?q=carp+barrow+sale&rlz=1C1CHBD_enGB757GB757&oq=carp+barrow&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l5.5226j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

AA decoys for the flapper. Andy does a good back up service for repairs, if needed.

http://aadecoys.com/index.php?route=product/product&manufacturer_id=11&product_id=89