Night Master 800 replacement

pond digger 007

1 hour ago, pond digger 007 said:

Is there anything as good for less money? I do have a cheaper torch that gives good light, but there is too much scatter when it’s zoomed.

hello, what cheaper torch do you have and what type of led, red/IR/ white ?  i have gone to the TR type torches, red/white/IR, from ludicrous lumins, your light scatter try a piece of plastic tube on front bezel, ? mine is 40mm painted black,  

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

3 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, what cheaper torch do you have and what type of led, red/IR/ white ?  i have gone to the TR type torches, red/white/IR, from ludicrous lumins, your light scatter try a piece of plastic tube on front bezel, ? mine is 40mm painted black,  

My torch is a Torch Factory EVO 38. I’m not sure about the led, but it’s a square one: It is bright enough. It really is very poor at zooming though. My night master had (I’ve lost it) a single scatter ring which was irritating enough, but could have been fixed with a lens hood; not sure it would sort this one though.

Thanks

P.S. It’s a white led.

Edited by pond digger 007
Forgot something

3 hours ago, pond digger 007 said:

My torch is a Torch Factory EVO 38. I’m not sure about the led, but it’s a square one: It is bright enough. It really is very poor at zooming though. My night master had (I’ve lost it) a single scatter ring which was irritating enough, but could have been fixed with a lens hood; not sure it would sort this one though.

Thanks

P.S. It’s a white led.

hello, you have an EVO 38 with white led, much the same as the TR range of torches, all have square leds never tried a Evo but i have no problem zooming my red TR 100 yards,  with a 2X doubler camera lens that fits in the bezel 150 yards, 2 X lens from Aliexpress, i have a spotter white torch much the same as a TR but half the price, range 100/150yards, £15  Aliexpress, maybe another PW member uses a different make that can give better results that costs less than the night master, i am happy with a L/L TR for less than £30

Edited by oldypigeonpopper