Accident question

countryman

3 hours ago, countryman said:

Well still no light at the end of the tunnel, went and looked at my Range Rover and it’s still inside with all the front end striped out. The part they have been waiting for has still not turned up and they said they were not very hopeful of it arriving this week and they did not know when. I have now spoken to the ombudsman who said they will now look into it as I have complained to the insurance company who have now closed my complaint telling me I have to wait, I have never used them before so let’s see if anything happens. 

I dont know what to say to you, I would ask the ombudsman what a reasonable length of time would be before the vehicle could be considered a total loss, and you got paid out for it.

If say in 6 months time , there is still no part, you have been without a vehicle and no time frame can be given for completion, there must be some kind of fallback position.

I cant say Ive heard of anything like this for a reasonably modern car.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after nearly 3 months of waiting my Range Rover turned up on a transporter, unfortunately the joy was short lived as I noticed the front wheel had not been re painted, still had deep scuffs and scratches in it from the impact and the bonnet didn’t close properly, so not even unloaded. Return to sender.

11 hours ago, countryman said:

Well after nearly 3 months of waiting my Range Rover turned up on a transporter, unfortunately the joy was short lived as I noticed the front wheel had not been re painted, still had deep scuffs and scratches in it from the impact and the bonnet didn’t close properly, so not even unloaded. Return to sender.

I hope you refused to accept it back and have started to inform the Insurance Ombudsman about this whole sorry affair!

If your insurer hasn't resolved your complaint within eight weeks, or has rejected it, you can take it to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). FOS has the power to award up to £150,000 against an insurance company. Claim forms can be downloaded from the FOS website or you can call 0300 123 9123

I have an open complaint with ombudsman now, they are still waiting for more info from the insurance company before they make a decision. The bonnet not closing properly was dangerous, how that ever got missed is beyond me. You would think I would have had a call first thing today from the body shop about this but nothing. I am tying to find out when it will be sorted but no luck speaking to any one yet.

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, countryman said:

now what to spend a £100 on. 

You are joking ?

They could at least compensate you for the time you have been without a car for, thats not even 1 days hire for that class of car.

Has your car been repaired to your satisfaction yet ?

9 hours ago, Rewulf said:

You are joking ?

They could at least compensate you for the time you have been without a car for, thats not even 1 days hire for that class of car.

Has your car been repaired to your satisfaction yet ?

Yes it’s been repaired, I don’t know who I am more ****** off with, the insurance or the ombudsman. What a complete waste of time that was.