Sporting Gun Crossword

shaun4860

Is Sporting gun the one on the shelves bundled with a couple of other mags? 

I used to get a subscription every year to them as gifts from family but stopped years ago. The writing wasn't as good and too many adverts.

Seems to have gotten even worse again.

I used to really enjoy the magazine quite a few years ago, but as you say, it is a but a shadow of what it once was. Online reading is the cause I would think, and I don’t think it will be much longer before most of them stop publishing. 

A mate still gets it delivered every month but admits he only reads the classifieds. 

5 hours ago, Scully said:

I used to really enjoy the magazine quite a few years ago, but as you say, it is a but a shadow of what it once was. Online reading is the cause I would think, and I don’t think it will be much longer before most of them stop publishing. 

A mate still gets it delivered every month but admits he only reads the classifieds. 

I used to buy sporting rifle but depending on the time of year the front page and content was the same as the year before and yes the internet has taken over from magazines priced at

£4-95 and more in my local shooting ground there were copies of the field on the table for free I am afraid that newspapers and magazines have become dinosaurs in the modern world.

15 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

It seems once again they have dropped a clanger.

No clues for the last 2 down answers.

This magazine has gone downhill since the "revamp"

Dont think I will be keeping the faith for much longer 😕

At least you have your copy still waiting for mine. 

I’m sure Fister would have an interesting viewpoint on this - online stuff is great but not sure about monetising vs what a print publisher would pay? If you can’t make enough from articles etc then we’ll lose shooting journos and be left with random snippets from blogs, or even worse those awful advertorials where the maker makes a publicity video masquerading as an independent review.