Yildiz Pro

TIGHTCHOKE

Whilst at the Clay Shoot this morning I was passed a Yildiz Pro 30" Sporter by a young lady being Sponsored by the importers.

What a lovely gun, an unabashed Perazzi copy with what looked like copied Browning Multi-Chokes.

It handled very well and at the intended price certainly looks a good option for a serious competition gun.

I plan to photograph it next time if the weather is more suitable.

yildizperazzi copy.jpg

33 minutes ago, button said:

Price seems to have come down, they were £2k+ when launched but just seen a new one advertised at £1600

Did you get a chance to hold it, what was the quality like?

Yes, it was very nice for the original asking price and as you say the price has been dropped it will I am sure find favour with a lot of shooters.

My friendly lady has a 32" barrelled version coming soon, I hope to shoot that for a better opinion of where I think they can take a lot of sales from Beretta, Browning, CG and Perazzi.

8 minutes ago, button said:

I looked at a s/h Perazzi at the weekend which is very tempting, it really did feel a quality that I have not felt in an o/u before

Just add in the factor that the original owner will have had it fitted to them and that you will almost certainly gain from having it done for you. 

2 hours ago, button said:

I looked at a s/h Perazzi at the weekend which is very tempting, it really did feel a quality that I have not felt in an o/u before

Even the bog standard Yildiz has a good reputation, but owning both a Perazzi and a Gamba Daytona ( the latter of which is apparently a finishing house for the former ) the quality would have to be extremely good. I'll look forward to getting my hands on one. 

1 minute ago, Scully said:

Even the bog standard Yildiz has a good reputation, but owning both a Perazzi and a Gamba Daytona ( the latter of which is apparently a finishing house for the former ) the quality would have to be extremely good. I'll look forward to getting my hands on one. 

Oh I quite agree about the quality, but for the price I was very impressed.

• 2 months later...

Just spoke to a shop that has ordered some "high pheasant" variants, 32", full and full, grade 5 wood, expected to be c.£1800 give or take

All the reviews of the gun seem very positive that I can find

Sound interesting proposition

Edited by button