I Think We Need To Give Today A Miss

wymberley

1/2 inch should be adequate to correct it. 

its easier to raise the comb and to get it spot on than it is to lower the comb of a gun that shoots too high. 

if you put 28grams through a 20, and 28g through a twelve, the 20 will have a smaller, but denser pattern due to the longer shot column. 

Edited by wymberley

9 minutes ago, old'un said:

Well this thread is as clear as mud to me……..but I guess you two know what your on about.:huh:

I suppose it just depends on whether or not you believe that the bullet points quoted in the first Post are correct and good advice or whether they're not and should be ignored. All three are taken from active threads relating to 20 bores.

Edited by wymberley

Well i stand by my post (the second one ) the first by walker might be a touch too much but that would depend on how far low the gun is shooting .he is certainly going in the correct direction (as always .lot of experience in that man .always worth taking note .)the last one -- not so sure - would depend more on choke and cart and barrel more than the specific cal .imo.

Ps i think this thread is a bit unnecessary and a touch rude.

1 hour ago, wymberley said:

its easier to raise the comb and to get it spot on than it is to lower the comb of a gun that shoots too high. 

if you put 28grams through a 20, and 28g through a twelve, the 20 will have a smaller, but denser pattern due to the longer shot column. 

Point one Well yes if your just tape a raiser on, but in real terms not really.

Point two. Some theories suggest this but i think it could take a lot more hard evidence to prove one way or the other.

Amd a new point three. Its the off season many have not settled down to off season activities yet and debate is slow in fact sterile on here. What we need is a good hard bitten picture filled pattern test thread to prove or disprove point two one way or the other . You got a twenty How you fixed for getting this done wymberley? .

4 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Well i stand by my post (the second one ) the first by walker might be a touch too much but that would depend on how far low the gun is shooting .he is certainly going in the correct direction (as always .lot of experience in that man .always worth taking note .)the last one -- not so sure - would depend more on choke and cart and barrel more than the specific cal .imo.

Ps i think this thread is a bit unnecessary and a touch rude.

Edited by shalfordninja33

19 hours ago, B B said:

Point one Well yes if your just tape a raiser on, but in real terms not really.

Point two. Some theories suggest this but i think it could take a lot more hard evidence to prove one way or the other.

Amd a new point three. Its the off season many have not settled down to off season activities yet and debate is slow in fact sterile on here. What we need is a good hard bitten picture filled pattern test thread to prove or disprove point two one way or the other . You got a twenty How you fixed for getting this done wymberley? .

Sadly, no can do although I have the time.

In order to get an accurate answer it would be necessary to avoid the potential negative input from any choke effect. Consequently, the test barrels would need to be truly True Cylinder. All mine have various degrees of fixed choke. I've just been looking at a 25g load 20 bore cartridge. Measured reasonably accurately but not precisely, the differenc in shot column length of this load (7s) between a 12 and 20 bore is c0.2" and I know not what difference this would make. Possibly about the same as the greater area of the load in contact with the barrel wall that the 20 has over the 12 bore. But again, I know not.

On 03/03/2019 at 13:21, wymberley said:

:)