Scope recomandation

shootgun

I'm getting a rimfire for vermin and the odd fox, and not yet decided which scope to put on it, but i would like a FFP scope in about 400-500 quid price range.

I had a look around i the ones that fit the bills are Vortex Diamondback FFP, Hawke Sidewinder FFP and Falcon Optics, but haven't got any experience with any of those.

Any recommendation?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, shootgun said:

Make the most of the reticle holdover dots without being worried about  what magnification i'm at.

So im guessing  .22 lr with subs ? 

But could be .17 hmr also ? 

So if .22 .you zero at 50 yds .and the first dot down (irrespective of magnification )is  say 72 yds and the next 85 and then 98  then 112 and 126 .or something like this. 

Hummm .not easy to remember and far from ideal .and no altering of the mag with change that .

Why ? 

Edited by Ultrastu

33 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

So im guessing  .22 lr with subs ? 

But could be .17 hmr also ? 

So if .22 .you zero at 50 yds .and the first dot down (irrespective of magnification )is  say 72 yds and the next 85 and then 98  then 112 and 126 .or something like this. 

Hummm .not easy to remember and far from ideal .and no altering of the mag with change that .

Why ? 

.22wmr i'm going for.

And don't have to remember anything, just created a scope cap label with the bullet drop using the StrelockPro.

EBR-2C MOA, Diamondback Tactical 6-24x50 FFP, Vortex.png

If a rabbit presents closer than say 30 yds just wind the mag down to anything you want and aim bang on the front of the body and shoot .

Easy 

Is the ret on the scope your looking at the same as strelock predicts ?? 

336 yds is a long way for a .22 wmr .