EFAW +F course 24th March West Sussex

mallet

I will be running a EFAW +F, Emergency First Aid + Forestry course on Sunday 24th March in West Sussex this is a fully certified Ofqual accredited training course. 

The course cost is only £90 will include Certification, 2 x Training manuals, Refreshments and a sandwich lunch. 

This course covers the EFAW content as well as the additional elements required by the Forestry Commission which includes the additional training for Crush Injuries, Hypothermia/Exposure, Lyme's Disease, Catastrophic Bleeding using Tourniquets, Haemostatics and Compression Bandages (including Chain Saw Injuries and Gun Shot Wounds) and Casualty Evacuation Planning.

The course is delivered by BeSure Training and limited to only 12 places, please follow the link below for further information and to book. Any questions please contact me.

Forestry First Aid Training 

Yes they do only teach basic life support skills but this also covers the use of Haemostatics, tourniquets and other methods of stopping catastrophic bleeds. Bearing in mind that 8 hours is the response times for some medics to get on scene having an idea what to do is better than none and proven to save lives. 

48 minutes ago, mallet said:

Yes they do only teach basic life support skills but this also covers the use of Haemostatics, tourniquets and other methods of stopping catastrophic bleeds. Bearing in mind that 8 hours is the response times for some medics to get on scene having an idea what to do is better than none and proven to save lives. 

Absolutely, I believe first aid and cpr should be on the curriculum in schools. There’s no reason for people not to know this stuff in this day and age!