Saturdays report on a Sunday

We set out in the heavy drizzle which was being driven by the strengthening wind and would soak you in minutes. So would the pigeons feed in this or just sit it out  in the trees. On Saturday I'd been helping my daughter move house and DB had been looking for pigeons to shoot today. All he had found was other shooters set up and shooting on the ground we wanted to shoot. He did make a point of seeing one Farmer as a Bavarian Moter Works  4X4 had driven across a rape field and he wanted to point out it was not us. So at 08.00 we set out looking in the other direction and hoping to find birds to shoot, after fifty miles we had not seen a bird flighting or down on  any crops. So what do we do, we had a farm in the back of our mind that had some seeding to do so we headed to it. As we approached it we could see a few corvids lifting off it and those were the first birds we had seen in the air. In the drizzle it was difficult to see the actual field, so we drove down to the farm which tended to commit us to shoot as this Farmer likes to have the corvids sorted out . We saw the Farmer and said we would be shooting the corvids and any pigeons that came over and drove down the track to the field as we approached it we could make out the grey blobs on the field and a good number lifted off. So we set up with 12 fresh birds, two on the magnet and the others on spikes, the field had been direct drilled and it had picked up and left a good amount exposed. So, it was fill your boots time if they returned. The rain was constant and the wind just got stronger which made it difficult for the birds to fly let alone decoy. We had started at 13.00 and shot till 17.15 and managed to pick up one hundred and twentysix pigeons and five corvids which made it a worthwhile days shooting.

100-3373.jpg

126 Pigeons, 5 corvids

1 hour ago, pigeon controller said:

We set out in the heavy drizzle which was being driven by the strengthening wind and would soak you in minutes. So would the pigeons feed in this or just sit it out  in the trees. On Saturday I'd been helping my daughter move house and DB had been looking for pigeons to shoot today. All he had found was other shooters set up and shooting on the ground we wanted to shoot. He did make a point of seeing one Farmer as a Bavarian Moter Works  4X4 had driven across a rape field and he wanted to point out it was not us. So at 08.00 we set out looking in the other direction and hoping to find birds to shoot, after fifty miles we had not seen a bird flighting or down on  any crops. So what do we do, we had a farm in the back of our mind that had some seeding to do so we headed to it. As we approached it we could see a few corvids lifting off it and those were the first birds we had seen in the air. In the drizzle it was difficult to see the actual field, so we drove down to the farm which tended to commit us to shoot as this Farmer likes to have the corvids sorted out . We saw the Farmer and said we would be shooting the corvids and any pigeons that came over and drove down the track to the field as we approached it we could make out the grey blobs on the field and a good number lifted off. So we set up with 12 fresh birds, two on the magnet and the others on spikes, the field had been direct drilled and it had picked up and left a good amount exposed. So, it was fill your boots time if they returned. The rain was constant and the wind just got stronger which made it difficult for the birds to fly let alone decoy. We had started at 13.00 and shot till 17.15 and managed to pick up one hundred and twentysix pigeons and five corvids which made it a worthwhile days shooting.

100-3373.jpg

126 Pigeons, 5 corvids

Your opening sentence would have deterred most people ( me included ) . but you and your co partner are certainly made of sterner material than the boys from the flat lands .

That is about as much as I can write without falling asleep as I have been up all night waiting for the Saturday night ( without fail ) report .:yes:

Joking aside , another superb bag and richly deserved .

13 hours ago, pigeon controller said:

this Farmer likes to have the corvids sorted out . We saw the Farmer and said we would be shooting the corvids and any pigeons that came over and

We'll you didn't shoot many corvids now did you 😄😄 shouldn't take too many weeks for you to dry out.