Renewal

9 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Do forces send out a notification or is there a set amount of time to send renewal in before the license runs out, my forces website doesn't have much information apart from what to send in with it. 

my force sends out a reminder,they usually want renewal sent in 8 weeks before your old cert runs out,i always send mine in 12 weeks before

Just now, andrewluke said:

my force sends out a reminder,they usually want renewal sent in 8 weeks before your old cert runs out,i always send mine in 12 weeks before

Will send it 12 week's early then. Might find out what they think times are like at the moment, if its longer I'll send it sooner.. Then see what the Dr might try and charge me ha... 

4 minutes ago, Diver One said:

Lancashire

my mates is due in sept/oct

contacted him a months ago

inspected last week

it will be interesting to see what date it has on it, if it's march then he has lost 6 months!

Wow. 6 months, surely ot should be dated Sept as currently he is not out of date 

8 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Wow. 6 months, surely ot should be dated Sept as currently he is not out of date 

That was what I thought BUT how can they tell what he will be like in 6 months?.......but I suppose they don't know what he will be like in 9 months so it's all academic I suppose

11 hours ago, Diver One said:

That was what I thought BUT how can they tell what he will be like in 6 months?.......but I suppose they don't know what he will be like in 9 months so it's all academic I suppose

The very reason the new medical arrangements and medical marker, together with continuous police monitoring has come into being.

12 hours ago, Diver One said:

Each police Force and its Licensing Team know exactly how many FACs and SGCs they have to administrate, they will know exactly when renewals are due and be able to forecast what work load they can expect for any particular month.

Then factor in an expected amount of non renewals and an expected amount of new grants and they will not be far off the correct amount.

This is why many Authorities are calling renewals forward to try and smooth out the peaks that they can see coming.

1 hour ago, Mr gen said:

I had my reminder on Saturday I am with Dyfed Powys police it stated in twelve weeks my SGC would run out and I had three weeks to apply. I do have a question though on a renewal do I have to name my referee or can I leave it blank?

Yes you will need 1 for SGC renewal and 2 for FAC renewal.