Two difficult days

bunny_blaster

Saturday I headed out to a rape field I’d seen earlier in the week. When I arrived there were 4-500 split between the field and sat in the trees. I rang the farmer to let him know I was there but had no answer so I left a message and carried on setting up. Just as I got in the hide the farmer rang me back and informed me that it had been shot earlier in in the week. I gave it a go to see what would happen but the birds just lifted off and only a few came back so I packed up and carried on looking. I eventually found some more and with time getting on I set up in hope. A few came back but in no big numbers and I finished the day with 78 picked.

790-B9-A88-9-F5-D-4-D54-ABDC-889-F9-A482

Yesterday I had a call from the farmer I shot the 200+ on last week so I headed over there this morning and got set up. There were plenty of birds about but they were very decoy shy and no matter what I did they wouldn’t come in. I packed up and started looking for more birds. I found about 200 on a small field and with the time getting on I decided to give it a go. The birds came back but again were hesitant to decoy. I called it a day at 4 with 76 picked

F8-A9-CE40-6-E14-4299-B4-EE-52484-E90-A8

9 hours ago, pigeon controller said:

Well done, two good reports but rubbish presentation!!

I guess PC, that you were also referring to all that rubbish along the fence line in the first photo, which I assume was cleared up afterwards, whose ever it was.

OB