Nice perch

team tractor

11 hours ago, mpmilo said:

Thats a cracking Perch, on the float or lead ?

Float I think . I wasn’t with him sorry . 

3 hours ago, snow white said:

That’s a beauty in the sixties you could catch nice perch on most rivers

Between me and my dad we’ve had about 6 like this on this stretch over 20+ years. Big chub up to 6lb too.

its a great part of the anker 

I used to fish all of that stretch back in the late 40s and 50s and perch of that quality and better were common catches. A good run was at the bottom of Mr Hambry's garden in Polesworth, now a fishing tackle shop and caught two serious perch in there one morning, there were so many back then I would take one back home as my grandfather loved them filleted and fried in butter.  Used to be some serious pike fishing as well.   Nice to know some are still there.  Brings back many memories, that stretch had a couple of pebble beaches where you could pick a pocketful of small round stones just the size for a catapult.:yes::good:

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

I used to fish all of that stretch back in the late 40s and 50s and perch of that quality and better were common catches. A good run was at the bottom of Mr Hambry's garden in Polesworth, now a fishing tackle shop and caught two serious perch in there one morning, there were so many back then I would take one back home as my grandfather loved them filleted and fried in butter.  Used to be some serious pike fishing as well.   Nice to know some are still there.  Brings back many memories, that stretch had a couple of pebble beaches where you could pick a pocketful of small round stones just the size for a catapult.:good:

I had a 5-6lb chub in the rapids last year but dad has had bullhead and barbel out of there. It’s my favourite fishing spot ever 

Bullhead a good sign the water is pretty clean.  Any brown trout showing up that far down the Anchor, I know there is a good head in the Sence just upstream from where it joins the Anchor at Pinwall and I spent about 10yrs managing a 5 mile stretch of the Sence and wild stocks of browns and some grayling( which I introduced courtesy of the Severn Trent hatchery) had started to build up, wondered if they had dropped down that far yet. If your catching bullheads the water will just about be clean enough for grayling.  My contribution to the management up there got us the Wild Trout Trust Award for Conservation in 2007.

Edited by Walker570

33 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Bullhead a good sign the water is pretty clean.  Any brown trout showing up that far down the Anchor, I know there is a good head in the Sence just upstream from where it joins the Anchor at Pinwall and I spent about 10yrs managing a 5 mile stretch of the Sence and wild stocks of browns and some grayling( which I introduced courtesy of the Severn Trent hatchery) had started to build up, wondered if they had dropped down that far yet. If your catching bullheads the water will just about be clean enough for grayling.  My contribution to the management up there got us the Wild Trout Trust Award for Conservation in 2007.

It’s been years mate . Weird little fish