17 hmr

davewh100

Have a look at the Weihrauch 60 or 66 as well as the Anschutz 1517/ 1717.

Whilst CZ are great, robust, accurate, even with a trigger kit they are not in the same league trigger wise the HW or Anschutz.

Can be had for reasonable money S/H same price as a new CZ  , and cheaper  than the Tikka

Dont think the Lithgows are all that to be honest, Tikkas in general are highly respected, but I dont know anyone who has one yet.
What exactly do you want it for ?
Although the Tikka is a bit more expensive than a CZ , the Lithgow is nearly 3x the price, all of them will probably outshoot you, so if you just need  bunny blaster, I would be inclined to get a cheaper gun and spend the change on optics or NV.

the guns in question is for my mate i have a new tx1 which iove scoped it in on Saturday at 100 yards put 5 rounds in 50p size coin im happy, my mate fancy the lithgow but dont know anything about it, apparently the 22 version had issues with the magazine 

5 minutes ago, davewh100 said:

the guns in question is for my mate i have a new tx1 which iove scoped it in on Saturday at 100 yards put 5 rounds in 50p size coin im happy, my mate fancy the lithgow but dont know anything about it, apparently the 22 version had issues with the magazine 

I would hope when you have got used to it to see one tight rough hole at 100 that you can put a 5p piece over. If I do my bit my CZ is certainly capable of that as was my previous CZ.

17 hours ago, Walker570 said:

I would hope when you have got used to it to see one tight rough hole at 100 that you can put a 5p piece over. If I do my bit my CZ is certainly capable of that as was my previous CZ.

thanks for the reply walker570 im sure i can get it better, as for my mate it looks like cz or tx1 he's give up on the lithgow due to some not so good reviews on line

Yes, I was not putting the tx1 down it is an excellent rifle as are all those made by that company.  I just happen to have had some 45-50yrs experience with first Brno, then what turned into CZ rifles and they have all been first class shooters. They make excellent barrels and that is what counts  BUT there again so do Tikka.....choices choices

Never tried the tx1 , but i dont think there will be much if anything accuracy wise once youve found preferred ammo in any of the above unless you get a dud ,i suppose you could say they all have their little faults/ niggles , but all are exellent rifles