Did my woody migrate?

ScottMack

Hi,

About a  year ago, I found an injured wood pigeon in the garden. Had a big gash across his chest and a limp, but was still able to fly. I threw it some seeds and there started our friendship. He came usually twice a day every day for his seeds, eventually coming up to the window and asking. His wound healed up nicely. I ended up being able to hand feed him and sit beside him on the garden bench as he ate. He would hang about with us in the garden during the summer. He seemed to enjoy our company. I saw him (still don't know what sex) partnering up with another woody and eventually they had a chick.

Then one day, he disappeared. Coincidentally, I found some feathers on the grass and put 2 & 2 together. Days/weeks went by and no sign.

6 months on, I'm in the garden yesterday and turn round to see a woody looking up at me. At first I thought it was injured or ill, as it seemed so chill. I walked towards it, and it turned around and waddled over to the porch (where the bird seed is kept). I thought...it couldn't be, could it? I took the bird seed out, and he then waddled over to the garden bench where he had previously always eaten his seeds. It's him!

I couldn't believe it. And his partner is with him too!

Where was he? as far as I know they don't migrate. Please don't shoot him.  Message me if you can help.