squirrel feeder

mel b3

evening guys,

its not often that i post a shooting pic , but i thought id pop this one up for nev(i know how he loves a dead squirrel).

i was sitting in one of my highseats last week , and during the few hours that i was there , the deer feeder was home to a dozen or more squirrels (the farmers lad said that he had seventeen on his trailcam) , so yesterday , i headed over to the farm with my .22lr. i messed up by getting there late , it was already light and squirrels were everywhere , and i missed the first one as i approached the highseat(from twenty yards:unhappy:), and they all vanished instantly , this gave me the chance to get up into the highseat and get settled in . the squirrels popped back to the feeder one at a time , and i accounted for eight (yes i know their are only six in the pic , id already tied a couple into a fox trap).ill pop back when i get time , and see if i can clear a few more.

the squirrels were skinned , and are currently soaking in salted water , in readiness to go into the slow cooker. i can honestly say , that ive never seen squirrels that were so fat .

IMG-20190304-WA0000.jpg

2 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Well done Mate, been wondering if you ever used the high seat!:good::whistling:

this was another high seat . the scaffold tower high seat was a lot of effort , for something that is hardly used :rolleyes:, id probably be better swapping the location of the two seats to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Whitebridges said:

You've done an excellent job there. :good:You've saved a good number of song birds through your efforts.

You've got to love the .22lr  

i love my little cz452 , my late wife bought it for me as a christmas present about 15yrs ago , i had it shortened(to shoot from the car) , and fitted a trigger kit and trigger shoe myself. ive taken several thousand rabbits with it over the years , and its accounted for more foxes than most cf rifles.

8 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Mel.....did you log those on the squirrel annual total ??    Can't see them there????

I didn't nev,I'll take care of it later 👍

8 hours ago, magman said:

bipod 🙃

The bipod is just always left on the gun, even when I use it from a high seat 👍.

On ‎04‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 18:38, mel b3 said:

evening guys,

its not often that i post a shooting pic , but i thought id pop this one up for nev(i know how he loves a dead squirrel).

i was sitting in one of my highseats last week , and during the few hours that i was there , the deer feeder was home to a dozen or more squirrels (the farmers lad said that he had seventeen on his trailcam) , so yesterday , i headed over to the farm with my .22lr. i messed up by getting there late , it was already light and squirrels were everywhere , and i missed the first one as i approached the highseat(from twenty yards), and they all vanished instantly , this gave me the chance to get up into the highseat and get settled in . the squirrels popped back to the feeder one at a time , and i accounted for eight (yes i know their are only six in the pic , id already tied a couple into a fox trap).ill pop back when i get time , and see if i can clear a few more.

the squirrels were skinned , and are currently soaking in salted water , in readiness to go into the slow cooker. i can honestly say , that ive never seen squirrels that were so fat .

IMG-20190304-WA0000.jpg

the one on the left is HUGE, shame you didn't weigh them @Fisheruk and @suburban shooter have been weighing there's so that most we shoot aren't that big because there often youngsters moving in.

The ones on the right are youngsters, but it is a fat booger on the left AND a nice tail, the sort Gavin is looking for.  All but one of the seven I shot yesterday where small youngsters with skinny tails.  Once this weather clears I have a new pitch to look at. Never been shot for squirrels and fed it up yesterday with whole maize, so hoepfully next week sometime.

On 04/03/2019 at 18:38, mel b3 said:

evening guys,

i was sitting in one of my highseats last week , and during the few hours that i was there , the deer feeder was home to a dozen or more squirrels (the farmers lad said that he had seventeen on his trailcam) , so yesterday , i headed over to the farm with my .22lr. i messed up by getting there late , it was already light and squirrels were everywhere , and i missed the first one as i approached the highseat(from twenty yards), and they all vanished instantly , this gave me the chance to get up into the highseat and get settled in . the squirrels popped back to the feeder one at a time , and i accounted for eight (yes i know their are only six in the pic , id already tied a couple into a fox trap).ill pop back when i get time , and see if i can clear a few more.

IMG-20190304-WA0000.jpg

Mel u cant beat eating the fruits of your labour,s enjoy your tea and if u get 2 more you,l have enough to make a pair of gloves :lol: