What strimmer to buy

hedge

5 hours ago, al4x said:

Do any of the stihl users find theirs melts whatever brand cord they use? The outlaws have one and it just seems to eat cord

I find my petrol strimmer used to eat the plastic cord so I bought some Oregon nylium line. It’s more expensive but seems to last ages! 

5 hours ago, al4x said:

Do any of the stihl users find theirs melts whatever brand cord they use? The outlaws have one and it just seems to eat cord

We use stihls own line @ 2.3mm and yes it melts if im at full chat for over 10mins. Rare tho. Hardly ever like that, usually in the grave yards. 3mm didnt but it bogged down a lot, and killed clutch springs

35 minutes ago, kennett said:

Those blades are epic too, smash everything to bit, but the do pull you about if you hit the ground!

Get a file out and you can use it as a stump grinder... Extremely powerful machines. But im a bit mad when i get the harness on. Theres a reason i had stitchs last week 😂 

Gotta say, i bought a titan multi tool last year to help me through a job. Lasted 5 mins before the shaft joint cracked. Took it back and exchanged for a new one. Carried on with the job, 3hrs later and now the shaft is smashing about. Screwfix wont deal with it in store, i have to get a titan engineer out, to acess the work it needs at home with me in working hours (mon-fri). I shall get it fixed and sell it. 

I was honestly impressed with it, i was on here singing its praise, good bit of poke and ran/started lovely. But wouldnt touch them again after the fob off from screwdix 

Had an einhell for the last 5 years after my ryobi died after 1 year - usage is 1/2 an hour a week around the garden in the summer and  3 - 4 solid days on the shoot each year running a blade - still starts easily and runs fine. Just over half your budget  search for Einhell GC-BC 25 AS 27 cc Two Stroke Petrol Engine Brush Cutter and Grass Trimmer - Red on Amazon - lovely light machine