A1 Decoys Commander Seat

I think that this has been asked before, so I apologise for any repetition. Previously I used a Bergara seat, but in a fit of madness, decided to sell it and so have recently reverted back to a plastic bucket seat. However, even on my short decoying sessions I find that I end up with an aching back at the end of the day, something that didn't occur when using the Bergara with its backrest. I did find the Bergara a pain in the butt to put together and take apart sometimes and when able to drive to my hide position, had it pre-assembled to save time. The Commander seat looks simpler and quicker to assemble and take apart.

My question is, therefore, has anyone any experience of the A1 Commander seat which appears to fit the bill. Also, I cannot find, without making a phone call, what the overall weight is. 

It is more reasonably priced than the Bergara, but perhaps quality has an influence here.

Any advice gratefully received.

OB

Recently sold my swivel bucket seat for that same reason, after a couple of hours my back would be aching like mad. 

Decided to buy the commander seat at the shooting show this Feb. Used it a few times now and for comfort and supporting my back its a thousand times better than the bucket seat. Also being that touch taller it's easier to stand to take a shot. 

Not sure the exact weight but I wouldn't describe it as light, not very heavy but the legs do carry some weight. I pack it down into a 120 litre rucksack with all my other kit. Setting it up isn't too much hassle, just a wingnut to attach the legs to the base and then attach the back rest and it's good to go. 

Overall I'm really happy that I went for it and it's certainly comfy enough for 5+ hours in the hide. 

👍

43 minutes ago, Spower said:

Recently sold my swivel bucket seat for that same reason, after a couple of hours my back would be aching like mad. 

Decided to buy the commander seat at the shooting show this Feb. Used it a few times now and for comfort and supporting my back its a thousand times better than the bucket seat. Also being that touch taller it's easier to stand to take a shot. 

Not sure the exact weight but I wouldn't describe it as light, not very heavy but the legs do carry some weight. I pack it down into a 120 litre rucksack with all my other kit. Setting it up isn't too much hassle, just a wingnut to attach the legs to the base and then attach the back rest and it's good to go. 

Overall I'm really happy that I went for it and it's certainly comfy enough for 5+ hours in the hide. 

👍

Many thanks Spower. It sounds as though that`s the one for me. I too use a 120 Ltr rucksack (Jack Pyke) so if it goes in there with other stuff, so much the better.

Thanks for your reply.

OB

No problem. I stick the base and legs in my rucksack and then put the back rest through one of the straps on the outside. Takes up a bit of room but I've strapped a few things to the outside of my bag now to make the room. The extra comfort in the hide is well worth it. 👍

20 hours ago, Spower said:

No problem. I stick the base and legs in my rucksack and then put the back rest through one of the straps on the outside. Takes up a bit of room but I've strapped a few things to the outside of my bag now to make the room. The extra comfort in the hide is well worth it. 👍

Thanks again. I've now ordered one so eagerly await its delivery.

OB

• 2 weeks later...

I took delivery of the Commander seat from A1 Decoys last week. A few quid off in discount being a PW (and BASC) member helped and it was delivered within two days. Pretty good I thought.

It is very well made, albeit not exactly light, but adjustable in height and also backrest position and height, so should suit most people.  I had chance to use it yesterday and found it most comfortable over the three or so hours I was out, with no resultant back ache whatsoever. All in all, I am very pleased with it, so thanks again to Spower for his initial recommendation.

OB