Your best job....[so far]

islandgun

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

best job i didnt have...i got shortlisted for was working for the broards authority as copu control....you got all your ammo paid for an aluminium skiff...outboard motor.traps..and a van ...all fuel...and a bonus for copu's trapped shot..........

i was gutted when i didnt get it............

I enjoyed ag engineering but the pay wasn't great so swapped the generator engineer  pay was good but the work wasn't much fun but needs must and all that young family mortgage etc. Then went back to ag engineering / site maintenance / car restoration really enjoy the restorations when I was left to get on with it which wasn't very often. But probably the best job is the one I do now, Knacker man. A lot of that may be to do with the boss, they paid well and its the only job I've had where the boss  brings beer when it's hot, plus the only time you get a ballocking is if you don't go home when the work is done even if that's at 11 o'clock in the morning and other than that its up to us to run the company.

Most enjoyable for me was my five years at bisley shooting ground as a groundsman. Sometimes hard, sometimes frustrating but with lots of good times and good people to work with. Went from there straight into another good job as a gfw/maintenance man on a hobby farm for a very wealthy family. No two days the same and had a lot of freedom as the boss was out of the country for over half a year. Gave it up to do very boring but well paying work in Motorsport.

I forgot a couple of significant numbers,one  in my mid twenties, working as a hospital porter in a large teaching hospital, to save money for a long trip to Australia. I was outnumbered 100's to one by young ladies, Another was more recent, employed full time as a mink trapper, long walks checking traps everyday using a GPS, also  quads and 4x4's and lots of boat work to offshore islands, 

3 minutes ago, islandgun said:

I forgot a couple of significant numbers,one  in my mid twenties, working as a hospital porter in a large teaching hospital, to save money for a long trip to Australia. I was outnumbered 100's to one by young ladies, Another was more recent, employed full time as a mink trapper, long walks checking traps everyday using a GPS, also  quads and 4x4's and lots of boat work to offshore islands, 

did you know jimmy saville................

9 hours ago, ditchman said:

relief chief engineer on the Lenne Regis dredger at kings lynn docks..........tide work lots of money..and i would report back to the dockers on the numbers and whereabouts of the geese and duck on the mashes when we went out to unload............

That was you silted our river up, tipping all the bl@@#y carp up our end. :lol::lol:

9 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Retirement!

Add me to that list...so far the best 28yrs of my life, although I had a ball in the four years I was a police motor cyclist back in the early 60s.  Nothing beats waking up looking out the window on almost every day of the year and trying to decide ...shall I go shooting or fishing today:good:

Technical mixed gas diving instructor being paid to go out and teach in Egypt

designing and installing the complete Data Infrastructure for a large UK Mobile Phone Company in Amsterdam. Flown out every week BA Club Class......unbelievable how the job dragged on and on and on

working for myself and choosing who I work for and when

2 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

got offered a full time position just rabbit control. a long time ago now just when i got my first house with all the bills. turned job down as pay was not great. but when i often have a carp day at work now i wonder what if.  

As good old Chas and Dave said...."RABBIT, RABBIT, RABBIT"

Never look back..it's gone...history and tomorrow is another day ..darn!!!!  it's going to rain, still I can weld up that new high seat:yes:.

8 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

As good old Chas and Dave said...."RABBIT, RABBIT, RABBIT"

Never look back..it's gone...history and tomorrow is another day ..darn!!!!  it's going to rain, still I can weld up that new high seat.

:lol: the problem is as a kid i thought i was part ferret:lol: