Scottish Members Clay Day Aberdeen April

johnnytheboy

Onwards and upwards, the last clay shoot was a really successful, thanks to everyone that attended, 12 guns in total, some great shooting and decent grub at Bisley.

The next date is 14th April, Seals Cove have confirmed they can accommodate us, we have quite a few names in the hat already and it’s looking to be a great day. I will confirm all the odds and ends before then but the M.O. is likely to be the same as before, car share where possible to keep the cost down and we will confirm a meet up time at the ground. 

Shooting clays in a cove that push off cliff tops looks pretty special and an exciting opportunity, not to be missed! 

Few stolen picture from Instagram to give everyone the idea of the cliff top stands, there is one down in the cove as well shooting clays coming off the cliffs 

johnnytheboy (plus Gregg and Watty)

sako751sg

tam

shezza

macd243

shaun4860

salmo 

another confirmation 

Sorry I won’t be able to make it for the Seals Cove event, which should be really good fun.

I had intended to make a long weekend of it, stopping off in Forfar for a bridie, visiting old haunts such Lunan Bay and Dunottar, maybe even a jaunt northwards to my one-time home to hear the Doric and take another look at the Turra Coo sculpture, then back down along the scenic route via Glenshee.    Unfortunately, not possible this time.  

• 2 weeks later...

All, suggested Rendezvous point for all folk heading from the south is The Horn Milk Bar 9-9.15am

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWzfEIWlPNl/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=hwhytwr1pnmy

Where we can if you choose have “the worlds best bacon roll” (unsure who the judging team was) 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaWiAf-nn-F/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=r7585ttsw0np

For everyone traveling from everywhere else we shall convene at Seal Cove around 11am depending upon how many bacon rolls the south team eat. 

• 2 weeks later...