Her First Day

I picked up this little Beretta at the shooting show a couple of weeks ago. Yesterday was the first chance I had to take her for a spin. 

Weather was fair sunny for most of the day with some decent wind at times. I was very limited to where I could shoot based on how high the rape has grown over the last 2-3 weeks. But I found my spot and set up accordingly. It was a sporadic day, the pigeons that decoyed did so very well. BUT I couldn’t seem to hit the birds that came straight across the decoys which with my trusty SxS would have been centre patterned. But I took some very lengthy shots, that I would probably not have put the gun up at with the SxS. Both guns are fixed Chokes. Certainly not my best day over the decoys it has to be said. But there were 2 shots that will live with me for a long time.

We finished on 20 birds, but the cartridge count is strictly between me and the new girl!

0C22CEBC-F74C-4B61-8AAF-69F2F22159FA.jpeg.a6759fbc76c56d398b0249b7ba612f10.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Naeem said:

I have a Bretta and it has never let me down.  Specially with long and difficult shots. Downed a very difficult wood cock in February and that will stay with me for a long time 🙂

Hi Naeem ...... I am not trying to be a wise kid , but Woodcock shooting finish in the U / K on the 31st January .

5 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Hi Naeem ...... I am not trying to be a wise kid , but Woodcock shooting finish in the U / K on the 31st January .

Oops I meant January it was actually on 31st Jan, last day of the season during a rough shoot 🙂 

lovely stock on that gun,what model is it? Ive been looking for a new/used Beretta but would like fixed choke (get sick messing about with chokes) my old 686 Onyx hasnt had chokes out in about 15 years!!.Good luck with new gun,pattern plate would help.