Police car gets a ticket.

Walker570

Cannot believe a traffic warden could be so thick but yes in Manchester they have a few by what happened to a police car on an emergency call to sort out a drunk. One of the police car crew approached the traffic warden and so took his eye off the ball and his partner got assaulted by the drunk.  The patrol car was parked in a taxi rank .....  big deal.   The high and mighty in the Manchester Police came out with the usual spiel ... " We and our partners in the Council are discussing etc etc....."  so lots of time wasted and mineral water drunk. 

The traffic wardens in the Manchester University area are definitely like this and have been for years, anything even vaguely wrong or 30 second overstay and they will ticket regardless, even an ambulance on blue lights has been done.  It is rumored that they are on bonus per ticket but no proof.

Since the government devolved  the level of enforcement responsibility to local government (from the Police authorities), the level of ‘recruitment’ of enforcement personnel has dropped to basically anyone that wants to do it.... let’s face it who wants to do it? 

So you get the thick and useless!

Little If any accountability, no ability to use descretion and no ability to use their position to the ‘greater good’.

Very very sad. We used to get on really well with ‘proper’ traffic wardens whe they used to walk in and out of Police stations....

2 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

Gonna stick my head out here.

They aint. I can promise you that. Not defending a blatantly stupid ticket either

Normally I would concur, but the wardens in this area operate in a totally different way to elsewhere, they are mobile on mopeds and are uniformed differently.

16 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Normally I would concur, but the wardens in this area operate in a totally different way to elsewhere, they are mobile on mopeds and are uniformed differently.

Could be agency, but i know areas that use mopeds. 

Also burpster, im not as thick as ****, but it was the only job i could get at the time. Try not to tar everybody with the same brush mate, some of the most generous and kindest people i know still do it for a living. Unfortunately it takes one **** head to do something as stupid as this. Every job has one ****

16 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

Also burpster, im not as thick as ****, but it was the only job i could get at the time. Try not to tar everybody with the same brush mate, some of the most generous and kindest people i know still do it for a living. Unfortunately it takes one **** head to do something as stupid as this. Every job has one ****

Good points, and my apologies to you as no offence was intended to any individual and I have no doubt there are some good people doing the job as we speak. 

The common denominator is that if you lower the standards of recruitment and vetting, then more incidents like this will happen as they appear to be. Just sad and inevitable fact. 🙁

Fully agree, but the interview was quite thoroughly conducted. Through background checks including education. That was local goverment. But agencies, tbh ive no idea. I do know of idiots, who chase numbers to look the best. Little competitions amongst a few tossers who quite clearly like/get off with the whole - enforcement- part of the title. Think they are mini judges, juries and executioners. Nobody got on with them in or out of the job. Thing is half get cancelled and the rest of the team get the flak from these idiots who've been before. 

I know you dont get any extra money for tickets, i asked in the interview as a laugh, trying to get a smile out of them, didnt work, i was promptly shot down with laws ect ect :lol: how the **** i got that job after that i dont know. 

Would i do the job again, no chance. Been assaulted, physically and verbally daily, no back up from the police even on camera, and learnt a valuable lesson. Dont touch another mans car :beer:

47 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

Correct ...we had 'em in the police force moons ago.   It is correct that once you go 'agency'   'private' things are not the same....prison service ???

Their attitude is if you are not allowed to park there you get a ticket. In one way I can see their point, if that really is their point? but I can answer one question. In some London Boroughs they don't get commission but they do get "performance related pay" Hmmmm!

On 06/03/2019 at 18:47, Walker570 said:

Correct ...we had 'em in the police force moons ago.   It is correct that once you go 'agency'   'private' things are not the same....prison service

Can anyone name any privatised/part privatised public service/nationalised industry that has benefitted the people of the UK...................or ain't going/gone **** up?

Westminster traffic wardens are genetically engineered to do the job. No reasoning with them, I was backed into a loading bay in Greycote St but my front wheels where slightly over, a traffic warden materialised out of nowhere and slapped a ticket on me screen, Its a long van and wouldn't go back any further. You would have thought the warden would have used a bit of common sense and discretion. It was in no way blocking the pavement like he claimed.

I'm sure part of the training to be a traffic warden is your put in a room with say Roy Chubby Brown for instance and he bombards you with personal insults about you and your parentage, if you show the slightest sign of cracking you dont get the job. If you can handle an hour of that your ready for the streets of London.

I have insulted traffic wardens even had a go at one who turned out to be a police officer, the things I called him, how I didnt get nicked I dont know. But it dosnt matter what insult or threat you throw at them they just shrug it off. Its one job I could never do, or clamping dont get me started on that. 

Edited by fatchap