Confetti Cartridges

Lyavale express dan arms 28grams 7.5s hard hitting cartridge terrible on the shoulder and spat confetti everywhere and made a right mess in the chambers I imagine it would nail pigeons well tho. The first 1000 cartridges I ever bought tho the same day my cert came through you buy , you shoot , you learn 

That dont make any sense....

If the OP means that they think the destruction of the wad from fibre carts have a positive effect on breaks, then they are on cloud cuckoo land.. Many modern fibre cartridges blow the wads apart Eley Select's are known for this has no bearing on how well they break clays..

3 hours ago, Wingman said:

That dont make any sense....

If the OP means that they think the destruction of the wad from fibre carts have a positive effect on breaks, then they are on cloud cuckoo land.. Many modern fibre cartridges blow the wads apart Eley Select's are known for this has no bearing on how well they break clays..

Really?

I always thought it meant the carts were rubbish? 

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t think ‘confetti’ helps to break clays.  Perhaps those suggestions that I meant that are Jokers?

Sometimes view of clay breaks is obscured by ‘confetti’ effect.  I was wondering why this happens.

(Was shooting my Beretta 692, using Lyville Blue 28g 7.5; humidity was around 80%, temp was 7’, negligible chill factor, elevation around 75M)

Thank you

On 08/03/2019 at 19:37, Lloyd90 said:

Really?

I always thought it meant the carts were rubbish? 

Not at all, it means the 'fibre' wad is actually thousands of layers of paper pressed together and it is coming apart. The evo wads from FES are like this and are excellent wads

12 minutes ago, Diss4111 said:

Not at all, it means the 'fibre' wad is actually thousands of layers of paper pressed together and it is coming apart. The evo wads from FES are like this and are excellent wads

Very hit and miss this, others I have read say the wad breaking up like that is a poor quality wad ... although no idea what effect it has on the pattern. 

29 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Very hit and miss this, others I have read say the wad breaking up like that is a poor quality wad ... although no idea what effect it has on the pattern. 

It has no effect on the pattern, the wad by the time it (if) breaks up is way behind the shot. I have loaded this type of wad for years and never had any issues. If i miss it is because I didn't put the shot in the right place.

It is not a poor wad, it is just a different construction. No different to the petals on a plastic wad, some break off, some don't. Some don't even open up properly but it has no effect on the shot as that has already left it behind

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/03/2019 at 19:07, GirlfromtheNordcountry said:

I don’t think ‘confetti’ helps to break clays.  Perhaps those suggestions that I meant that are Jokers?

Sometimes view of clay breaks is obscured by ‘confetti’ effect.  I was wondering why this happens.

(Was shooting my Beretta 692, using Lyville Blue 28g 7.5; humidity was around 80%, temp was 7’, negligible chill factor, elevation around 75M)

Thank you

hello, if you mean there are Jokers on PW you maybe right but it is all in a light- hearted way,  cartridges do contain different types of wadding and you just happen maybe to shoot a brand which do have this confetti effect , i am sure i have used some to but did not take much notice but i can see it could be very annoying if you are clay shooting in competitions, when i go clay shooting which is not often it is more for enjoyment and being with a friend or 2, and i miss most !!!!, my advice is to try a different cartridge in your Beretta and carry on enjoying you clay pigeon shooting. best wishes