2 good days on new perm

dad

standing around between drives on a game shoot just before xmas I over heard the guest standing next to me talking to one of the other farmer guns about some new land he had taken the contracting on and what a nuisance the pigeons were I quickly piped up I'm the man you need for that I'm out 6 days a week he showed mild interest at the time and I didnt push it later in the day we were pegged  next to each other and got chatting and he asked if iwould be interested in having a go at the pigeons nobody else has permission and I will be putting beans and barley in in the spring love to I says we swopped numbers with a promise he would phone after xmas (heard it all before)  low and behold 2nd week in jan I got the call do I want to come and have a look arranged a time an me and my mate went met him for a look round, nice bit of land not much cover but in a good pigeon area just outside 2large villages as we were driving around I was disappointed to see no rape and commented far to many pigeons here for rape he says, about 500 acres in all all yours if you want yes please I says as we were driving off the land I notice some rape field over the boundary with pigeons going down who owns that I says we do he says is that out of bounds then yes somebody does the pigeons on that ar well you cant have it all can you. We left with a promise he would phone when the beans were in.2 weeks later on our way to one of our other farms the phone rang its the same farmer what are you two boys up to today only I'm looking at a 1000 pigeons on my rape be there In 45mins i says meet you there we meet up he shows us 7rape fields some being slaughterd by pigeons go on all these when you like he says what about the other shooter I says dont worry about him when can you start now I says good he says and left us to it another 600 acres in prime spot we shot 58 that afternoon 65 the next day 40 the next then it started to get harder and the flighline out of the village would change direction quickly we still managed 20s and  30s but one of us would have to put flags out and bangers and stop them from dropping  I n on another field then the drilling started and thy left the rape.he put the beans and barley last week we had a day on beans yesterday I shot 75 for 150 shots very windy and I'm struggling a bit went back to the same spot today and shot another 45 then rain stopped play there must have been 2000 pigeons over 4 fields I was furthest field away from the bulk of the birds and managed to draw quite a few In to the deeks my mate who was the wrong end of the busyist field couldnt draw any away from the main gang and only shot 6.