Powder choice?

Been given a Lee loadall, with several pounds of shot, a load of plaswads, primers, but no powder. 

We have quite a supply of spent cases at the club, so I'm guessing that I don't need those, but I've no idea what powder I need for 28g sporting clays loads.

Had a quick look, vectan AS seems ok, 38 quid for half a kilo. anything else i shoukd look at, please?

Guest cookoff013
11 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Lil gun seems to be the a choice of many reloaders.

It is assumed 12gauge, 28gram of shot. Lilgun is a 28gauge powder.

Guest cookoff013
13 hours ago, Walker570 said:

I read the request as 28g  ...gauge ...no mention of 12 gauge  BUT had I read it more carefully the load was not 28 gauge.  Stand corrected.

i wasnt nit picking, its just new and inexperienced reloaders might make the same assumption.

we are cool.

Thanks for the advice chaps, looks like csb5 is the one. I should have been more clear about 28g, it is indeed 28gram 12 bore loads I'm after - I think we'd all have a lot of giggles watching someone with my skill level trying to hit much with a 28 gauge.

I'm actually following the 4 bore videos with interest on the theory that launching 3 or 4 ounces of shot at a clay must give me a better chance of hitting it!