Sausage roll

Dougy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Absolutely Dougy...I've already had one...whisky that is.   The world is going crazy. 

They make me laugh these vegans/vegies because they have to refer their food to the meat version.   Now they have attacked a piggery and paniced the sows so much they trampled on the young piglets. They picked the piglets up and cuddled them then put them back in the wrong pen with the wrong mother.  They are not on this planet.

Edited by Walker570

12 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, well it  made Greggs some nice free advertising when mention on good morning Britain, and made into a song, latest is a turn over ( no not apple ) a billion pounds profit, thats lots of veggie  rolls and quite frankly their sausage rolls are tasteless ****

Profit? Or turnover? That’s a great effort either way but quite something if profit..

3 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

That is because there is no sausage in them

hello, i think your right YB, 

4 minutes ago, PPP said:

Profit? Or turnover? That’s a great effort either way but quite something if profit..

sorry it was turn over, thats still a lot for bread/sandwiches/cakes/and coffee oh and soup

58 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, well it  made Greggs some nice free advertising when mention on good morning Britain, and made into a song, latest is a turn over ( no not apple ) a billion pounds profit, thats lots of veggie  rolls and quite frankly their sausage rolls are tasteless ****

The Vegan Roll/Pastry had nothing to do with these figures. The figures are for before they released the Vegan Roll/Pastry.

Oh and I fully agree the word Sausage should not be anywhere near this 'things' name.

Edited by Newbie to this

Food is quick profit low overheads, get the right pitch for your burger van and sit back as they pull into the laybye at the side of you.Used to sell for the ex father in law 30 burgers =£5 and 5ilbs of bacon 5 quid .A crate of trade bread or cobs sell a bacon sarnie 2 quid a time burger 2 to 3 quid each so u do the maths .

Oh and the burgers marketed as "beef burgers" had 10% "meat" filling and 90% ? ,Lord knows what the "meat" was ,maybe greggs bought them and filled their sausage rolls with them :crazy:

Greg's is a staple diet for a lot of northern children. 

Most times you see a north eastern town they show some young mother with a child eating a Greg's sausage roll,  they're known as a teesside dummy.

The best bakers were Ralph Sparks but closed decades ago. Now it's mainly big chains on the high streets.

19 minutes ago, figgy said:

Greg's is a staple diet for a lot of northern children. 

Most times you see a north eastern town they show some young mother with a child eating a Greg's sausage roll,  they're known as a teesside dummy.

The best bakers were Ralph Sparks but closed decades ago. Now it's mainly big chains on the high streets.

Greg's sausage roll,Gateshead dummy  and  a fat lass pushing a pram with a Gateshead pineapple on her nappa.

Edited by Davyo

Prepares to be shot down in flames.....

i don't eat red meat..( pig, cow, sheep etc) ..well not for the last 58 years! if it flies or swims then it's not usually an issue...so I cannot comment on Greggs or anyone else's sausage rolls

however ooooop eeeer int north we have the Pound Bakery......Mainly 2 for £1 on most things

I can recommend the cheese slices, cheese and onion slices, Veg Curry roll, Veggie 'sausage roll', you can even get cheese on toast!

i do not eat quorn or any of the other stuff /substitute

so my views are fairly blinkered 😂

3 hours ago, Dougy said:

It really annoys me when some 1/2 wit decides to name a dollop of vegan mush wrapped up in puffpastry a "Sausage roll" 

ITS NOT A SAUSAGE ROLL, IT'S GOT NO BLOOMIN SAUSAGE IN IT.

I need a drink !!!! 

As far as I know, sausage isn’t a meat, it’s an item. So not even a sausage has sausage in it! 🙂