• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Diver One said:

Prepares to be shot down in flames.....

i don't eat red meat..( pig, cow, sheep etc) ..well not for the last 58 years! if it flies or swims then it's not usually an issue...so I cannot comment on Greggs or anyone else's sausage rolls

however ooooop eeeer int north we have the Pound Bakery......Mainly 2 for £1 on most things

I can recommend the cheese slices, cheese and onion slices, Veg Curry roll, Veggie 'sausage roll', you can even get cheese on toast!

i do not eat quorn or any of the other stuff /substitute

so my views are fairly blinkered 😂

You cant get much more blinkered than a divers helmet, out of interest do you eat duck which is a bit pink !..🙂

2 hours ago, Dougy said:

😂 Thanks for the link....perhaps you should read it again! Lol! 👍

11 hours ago, oowee said:

I can recommend the vegan role as better than the sausage roll. 👍 It might only be mush int he middle but it's nice mush.

My daughter is an avid meat eater, sausages, pies, burgers whatever, but she loves the Quorn sausages; I think they’re funghi based? 

7 minutes ago, Scully said:

My daughter is an avid meat eater, sausages, pies, burgers whatever, but she loves the Quorn sausages; I think they’re funghi based? 

Yes. It's mycoprotein from a fungus made through fermentation and in many products bound with egg white. 

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, only from the Cornish Bakehouse,  , Cornmarket Street,  about opposite to the flight centre shop,  right by entrance to Clarendon Centre, and inside have a larger shop

hello, here is another shop with nice sausage rolls if your in the area, Munchies in Steventon High Street 

1 hour ago, Smokersmith said:

Cracking sausage thread on the Wildfowling page ... I've ordered the bits for my mincer and will be popping some out, in the next couple of weeks. 

If your into this stuff it would be great if you could post a few recipes. I am looking for more things to do with venison sausage, dry curing that sort of stuff. 🙂 

Farm shop at Battlefield just outside Shrewsbury sell some great sausage rolls, albeit a bit on the pricey side. Their other produce is great too, especially their meat which is all locally sourced. They sell bacon which is thicker sliced than the transparent stuff sold in supermarkets.

https://www.battlefield1403.com

Even a generic meat sausage has to have 32% meat in it to be called a sausage. Vegan monstrosities have no right to be called such. Let the vegans think up their own name and stop borrowing from the meat eaters. 

13 minutes ago, walshie said:

Even a generic meat sausage has to have 32% meat in it to be called a sausage. Vegan monstrosities have no right to be called such. Let the vegans think up their own name and stop borrowing from the meat eaters. 

How about "taste like what comes out the other end rolls" sure sounds that gross fungus glued up with egg white yumm yumm not :sick:

7 minutes ago, clakk said:

How about "taste like what comes out the other end rolls" sure sounds that gross fungus glued up with egg white yumm yumm not :sick:

I prefer the "not likely, you can keep them you weirdo" rolls. 

41 minutes ago, walshie said:

Agree entirely. 😀

43 minutes ago, The gouse said:

My daughter makes unbelievable sausage rolls for the shoot 💯 mince pork a proper sausage roll. But to sample you need to get your name down for beating.

And don't forget the scotch eggs, they were nice😋 

2 hours ago, greylag said:

I have just read that a vegan pie has won pie of the year in a national competition.The world has gone mad.

But that is a pie, which is okay, it is not masquerading as anything else, unlike the sausage roll that was the start of this thread.