.17 Hornet reloading

25p per round - 30p per round

You'll need a press, dies. For a press look at the Lee Breech Lock. For dies use Redding, RCBS. You'll want a set of scales, go for used 5-0-5 beam scales, don't use a cheap electric scale, it won't be accurate and the case capacity is so small minor amounts make big differences.

See if you can get a press used too - any single stage will do but I like the Lee breech lock as it's cheap and quick to change the dies.

Get a reloading manual, read it. Lee's one is a great starter book, Hornady too, the Hornady one is cheaper on kindle.

Powder use Viht N120 or Reload Swiss RS36 or Lovex D063 (AA1680) - do not use lil'gun.

Primers CCI BR4 small rifle or CCI 450 magnum small rifle. You want a primer with a thick cup.

You'll want a case trimmer - the best by a long way are the L.E. Wilson trimmers, there isn't anything that comes close. But others like the Lyman are more affordable.

You'll need a neck deburring and chamfering tool - again L.E. Wilson make one for 17 caliber cases, many of the others are too big.

You'll want a funnel, all the ones you can buy are pretty ****. PM me and I'll make you one for £10 inc. post. It will fit perfectly and you'll thank me for it. Been there, done that.

Tumbler to clean brass, you can use ultrasonic bath but I prefer wet tumbler and stainless pins - there are several cheaper ones on the market now.

So in summary:
Single Stage Press (Lee or any other RCBS etc. try and get one used)
Scales (balance not electronic, 5-0-5 used or 10-0-10)
Dies (Full length, seating and neck although a neck die not so important it will help with case life)
Manual - read it - Lee, Hornady
Tumbler
Trimmer
Funnel
Powder
Primers
Bullets (not heads or bullet heads - just bullets)

Eventually fire form your own brass from 22 Hornet PPU, cheap as chips, really good, better than Hornady brass - but that's for later down the road.

Edited by mick miller