Guntrader website

grahamch

Has anyone had any success with Guntrader for selling guns? Had 2 advertised recently which cost a bit and all l got was time wasters and no hopers. 

I don't want to go down the part exchange route but just to sell them. Dealers values to buy them off me were a complete joke. 

3 hours ago, prem1234 said:

I've bought a couple through guntrader this year ...but sold 3 in the last 6 months via gunwatch which is 'affiliated' to Pigeon watch

Have you tried gun watch ?

Not yet. Really don't want to pay more fees for no results

Have tried gunwatch too but again time wasters offering a lot less than asking or folk way out of area expecting me to travel a long way to meet with no certainty of a deal. May well have to do a part ex 2 for another but then that leaves me with another to sell when am thinking of packing up. 

2 hours ago, alan123shooting said:

Hi have you tried gunstar, I have sold a couple of guns with them,  and they are cheaper than Guntrader, freeads is ok but I had a lot time wasters and buyers giving ridiculously low offers. However best of luck with what ever mode you choose

You get time wasters wherever you go, I've placed wanted adds on there for old cartridges, the amount of people who message to say they have something, then never bother getting back to me is stupid. Can't understand it seeing as they have gone out of their way to contact me in the first place lol. 

• 2 months later...

Tbh I use GT a fair bit and I’ve sold many airguns deacs & shotguns over the years, I found people will travel great distances for the gun they want if the price is right. Idiots can usually be weeded out at the email stage - I just say it’s sold. 

On 16/03/2019 at 20:43, grahamch said:

Have tried gunwatch too but again time wasters offering a lot less than asking or folk way out of area expecting me to travel a long way to meet with no certainty of a deal. May well have to do a part ex 2 for another but then that leaves me with another to sell when am thinking of packing up. 

At the moment you have to be very realistic with asking price to move a gun quickly.Dealers have things sat on racks for years in some cases before they sell them but that is their choice. Even trading in you`ll be offered a low % of actual (to you) value unfortunately....

Have tried gunwatch too but again time wasters offering a lot less than asking

Dont want to sound negative, but of that is two sites where you have been offered less, might it be that you are over pricing them? After all anything is worth what the buyer is willing to pay, not what you want them to pay unfortunately. 

hello,  your thinking of packing up shooting ???? 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper