Personal best

strimmer_13

New personal best today, not bad but room for improvement (wont tell you the shot count 😅

With the fields are so barren, and the wind changing direction every hour, ive come out well pleased. 

My only shame was not picking 3 in the thickets, i could of machete'd my way in, but didnt want to destroy the farmers boundry. Might have to move house so we can get a spaniel again 👍

Now to prep them all, got a few weeks of eating, pigeon fajitas tonight! 

IMG_20190309_150614-1488x1984.jpg

IMG_20190309_144058-7296x1728.jpg.e6a4130357178699f712f051429952fe.jpg

IMG_20190309_113336.jpg

Just now, prem1234 said:

good job....wind must of been tricky today !!

It was. Brought them in low and fast. Thats why i wont say my cart count... Took the airgun, wont do that again, weighed a bloody ton on the way back! 

One of my issues was directly to my left was their flight line. The issue is their is a anti over there, no doubt ill be on youtube or some such later as he stood watching me from about 150 yards away in his garden. Not sure if he was shouting, but he certainly wernt happy. Cant please everybody, but the farmer is pleased which is the main thing 

8 minutes ago, oowee said:

Well done 👍

Thanks 👍

5 minutes ago, islandgun said:

good for you... that looks beautiful countryside

Literally 300 yards from a big estate in yeovil town. Limited on my direction of shots, but straight down is pretty stunning

1 minute ago, old'un said:

Well done, nice day to be out and as you say a good wind, my type of day.

Don’t know if the camera playing tricks but are you right in the corner of the field?

I am. Couldnt go any more to the left (where i want to be as the flight line was, due to houses, and mr anti). Its pretty much no other option but to shoot from there or move down to the next hedge 200 yards , as to my right is also an estate in fall out range. Its a very tricky farm to shoot, its dissected by a access road to said estate as well right at the bottom. Wind was whipping my back in the corner, and it changed directions 3 time today. Reset the pattern every time. 

Also met another shooter, great old man (82 and fit as a fiddle). Told him i was new at this and we had a lovely chat for a hour. Hes offered to take me out to show me the ropes how to set magnets up and all the other kit i havent got. 

To sum it up, its been my most enjoyable day shooting ive had in years 👍

16 minutes ago, mossy835 said:

thats very good, more then i got today,

33 minutes ago, ditchman said:

loverly pics and nice clean birds..............enjoyed that post :good:

Thanks 👍

First few tested my range, 35 touching 40 yards. But as i went on, i added every bird to the pattern, i had 17 shells down, 10 on spring sticks, they came in closer and closer. My furthest shell ive learned there is about 60 yards out, they then come up to the pattern, low and fast following the hedge on the right. They were landing 20-25yards away. Had 1 with the springer as well. 

Soon as i had 10 down spread out they went a bit stupid, and came in like mad for 30 mins. If there was a pro shooter there, id guess the bag would of been in the 50 area. I left a lot alone as knew it had beaten me. 

1 hour ago, old'un said:

How close were the pigeon decoying into the corner? I only ask as I always find they are bit shy of coming close in if you tucked into a corner, but if that was the only safe place to shoot from you did well. :good:

Well done with your PB , I also noticed that you had set up in a corner, in my expirence not the best position for visibility. But what the heck you had a good day and that's what's it all about. Again well done.