saturday "hit"

ditchman

im totallt mutherless writing this............to-nites repartist

10oz rump steak with fat on it ...laying on melb3 chopping board for 5 hours with ground black pepper ..maldon salt and all rubbed in with a bit of oil..............homemade chips...and a large spanish chopped onioon fried slowly.................lashings of wine down my gullet........steak cooked red hot ...black on the outside pink in the middle left on the plate for 3 mins......and eaten with a bit of dijon mustard and lashings of 13.5% wine............topped off with homemade yogurt from powder milk (dutch pwdered milk) with demerara sugar sprnking on it.......

reAAALY dont give a toss anymore im sooooo chilled out............:lol:

Well we spaent the morning looking for and shooting some vermin.

Home for Rugby and then 6 staealks, peas, beans mushrooms and chips

washed down with a rather nice 134.5% Spanish Red.

and now the Battle of Britain is on the telly!

And I don't care any more either!!!!!!!!

13 minutes ago, gotgcoalman said:

a 10oz steak without good old english mustard?

I'm not angry,just slightly dissapointed.

i luuuuve colmans mustard ....there is no other...............the problem is they have "cut it back" in recent years with wheat flour....which being VERY gluten intolerant ..is a total killer for me..........

33 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Well we spaent the morning looking for and shooting some vermin.

Home for Rugby and then 6 staealks, peas, beans mushrooms and chips

and now the Battle of Britain is on the telly!

And I don't care any more either!!!!!!!!

DAVID............ your spellinis awfull...................:lol:

5 minutes ago, ditchman said:

DAVID............ your spellinis awfull...................:lol:

39 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

At 134.5% alcohol it's not surprising that his spelling is affected

Out foxing tonight so no drink taken, but the sirloin from Aldi went down very well thank you. Just a light smear of horseradish was all it needed. A mug of strength 6 coffee to help keep me awake in the high seat and that was it.   Saw one fox and it departed at speed once it ran in down wind and then a pretty little muntie doe came out and had a mooch around.  Wind dropped and it was a very nice evening.

10 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i have got to admit...i have never tasted english wine.............

Check out "Chapel Down"in Tenterden, Kent. Not far from me. They have won lots of awards. "Carr Taylor" for sparkling wine (have beaten many Champagne's in the last few years). English wines have been beating most of the French ones.

(if your going to order something from Chapel Down, get them to throw in a few bottles of their IPA, Lager "Curious Brew"(made with Champagne yeast, strong flavour!!) and their cider. All worth a try.)

Edited by silver pigeon69

48 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i have got to admit...i have never tasted english wine.............

As you are in to red wine, the Denbies estate reds are very nice - nothing distinguished though.

I astonished an American friend who thought that he knew his wines with these.

Their white wines are very good.

https://ticketisland.azurewebsites.net/ticketi_slpos_gallery1?bi=Denbies&pt1=RedWine&p=3#pos_tag

I have a small winery close to here and purchased a few bottles.  The prices where twice what I could buy good Aussie wine for and the wine was nothing to shout home about.

The owners gave some excuse about the price because of some additional 'tax' they have to pay. Is this another constriction forced upon us by the EU to hopefully protect French wineries?

Yes, you see I have just clicked on the example put up by amateur and those bottles are double what I can buy from my local village store .....why?? when other wines are shipped halfway round the world.

Edited by Walker570

We have the Camel Valley vineyard in Cornwall amongst others. They produce some very good wine especially the sparkling. The price is as said previously twice the price of the mass produced Aussie stuff, nothing wrong with most of it. But if you had a small vineyard producing small quantities of quality wine it is always going to be more expensive. 

3 hours ago, Walker570 said:

I have a small winery close to here and purchased a few bottles.  The prices where twice what I could buy good Aussie wine for and the wine was nothing to shout home about.

The owners gave some excuse about the price because of some additional 'tax' they have to pay. Is this another constriction forced upon us by the EU to hopefully protect French wineries?

Yes, you see I have just clicked on the example put up by amateur and those bottles are double what I can buy from my local village store .....why?? when other wines are shipped halfway round the world.

Yes, I agree that they are much more expensive than a decent Chilean red, and, indeed, not what I would be drinking as a norm, but, I am pleased that they can produce a very acceptable English red and their white wines bear up very well with the best of French. 

As I wrote, I first came across them when a friend invited us to Oregon, and we took him a selection of whites, reds and sparkling. He could not believe that the English could produce such good wine. (even the red).

As to why they are so expensive - well, small scale, quality production.